Hmm

list of the all time manager lies... 1)employees are are most important asset. 2)i have an open-door policy. 3)you can earn more money under the new plan. 4)we,reorganizing to better serve our customers. 5)the future is bright. 6)we reward risk-takers. 7)performance will be rewarded. 8)we don,t shoot the messenger. 9)training is a high priority. 10)i haven't heard any rumors. 11)we will review your performance in six months. 12)our people are the best. 13)your input is important to us. 14) and my all time favorite...the new vans will be in next week and you get the first one!
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

You forgot, "you will regret leaving us!"

My favorite

They tell you:
    **** rolls down hill.
    I wonder where it started?
    And when it gets to the bottom, it is scooped up and fertilizes SOMEONE ELSES FIELD!

The all time worst one I ever heard, "I've got one more call for you, then you can go home."

How about from the dispatcher? "Could you just swing by and look at this on your way to your next call?"
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

Or worse yet Bama, "I've got this last call," (it's 4pm on Friday), "sounds like it's just a blower motor, don't know what brand, we haven't been there before, and the call came in about 10am but I haven't been able to get anyone on it yet." And you think back to your last 3 calls which were pmc's for folks who are retired and available any time of any day. Shouldn't no heats get a little more attention?
    Most parts supply houses close at 5 and ain't open wkends here.

That's uncanny Fatman! It's almost as if you were riding with me when I got that call! You forgot to mention; it's an hour away, at the beach, on a Marvaire unit, hanging from the underside of a house 20 feet off the ground!
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

Probably just need to hit the reset.

The General Contractor, a good customer, calls on a Friday night 4:58 pm. "We are all set to have you guys start that rooftop unit." "You wants us now, Frank ?!?" I asked. He said, "Yeah, NOW!!!,...Is there any other time???"

I used that line a lot over the years.

I could think of at least five other responses you could have given instead of "You want us now, Frank?" Next time try, "The party you wish to speak to is no longer accepting calls at this nimber, please try the private number, or call back on Monday." Works best if done in a female voice.

My favorite retort to that one has always been (I used it twice today), "Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." I then explain to them how much overtime costs me and ask them for a change order. I don't usually get it.
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

My favorite one, husband calls at 4:40 pm a/c not working, wife calls at 4:50pm a/c not working 85 in house wants somebody out right now! This woman was a major pain since day one, never was i any happier, when i told her "no one will be out until the morning to fix it". man was she pissed.

Talking TRUE Emergencies

The ONLY emergency is:

1. If it is property damaging.
    2. Life threatening

EVERYTHING ELSE can wait.