Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Both my fiances and my state tax deductions went down since moving to PA from Maryland.

Huh!?

I was half asleep until now!
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Now! Let's talk about the road systems in PA! Calling the PA road systems a mess is such an understatement, but I don't know if absolute disaster does it much justice either.
    Don't worry, it only gets worse in the winter. They're as good as they get this week, so enjoy.

(I put ball joints on my truck with wingnuts.)

Wasn't PA where they would send prisoners back in the old days??

The roads are awful here, no doubt. Always under construction too.
    Pittsburgh's hospitals are some of the best in the world though.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Smile condenceddave

Wingnuts on you truck's ball joints! That was orginal! The worst place around here for driving is Austin Texas. They like things natural. Tree and bunny huggers. So no new road building. In Texas there are nothing but steers and queers and I don't see horns on those people in Austin.

Smile rob10

Coker units, What a mess. Thats worse than a polyethylene unit! Try a benzene unit. It's nice, only draw back is that you will die from leukemia. Make the money while you can Rob. Try to take a little time off for the family. You must have a good wife. Roy

Re: rob10

Originally posted by oroy54
    You must have a good wife. Roy
    She is skinnier than Matts kids............
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Lightbulb Stupid roads

Both my fiances and my state tax deductions went down since moving to PA from Maryland.

Now, back to these stupid roads. Why does every road change names every other intersection?
    .....To confuse the recently transplanted out-of-staters.

Why are the few street signs there are so small and messed up that you can't read them?
    .....It is another way to get you out-of-sytaters to slow down!

Why do numbered routes zigzag through the countryside?
    .....Sounds like you have moved into Amish country or near some ziggy zaggy rivers or ziggy zaggy mountains.

Why do you have to drive a block past an intersection to find out if you are still on the same route?
    .....Low cost amusement for the locals to watch you out-of-staters try to unconfuse yourselves.

Fred

GOOD WIFE

Originally posted by oroy54
    Coker units, What a mess. Thats worse than a polyethylene unit! Try a benzene unit. It's nice, only draw back is that you will die from leukemia. Make the money while you can Rob. Try to take a little time off for the family. You must have a good wife. Roy
    She is!! And I have pictures to prove it!!

Confused Pa Roads

How about seeing 3 different speed limit signs up ahead? I've seen some less than 20 ft apart such as 40 mph, then 25 mph for the curve you have just entered! It gets better----when you come out of a town, they tell what speed it no longer is!!! END of XX MPH speed zone. Ok, take a guess what it now is.... Oops!, you guessed wrong! That will be several hundred $$ plus points.

At least Pa marks their roads. Joisey makes you guess what intersection you're at and which way to what town. First they've outlawed cell phones in cars and now smoking. How about reading the paper and putting on makeup? I draw the line at changing radio stations....

What'samaddah RoBo? Don't you like all those Gulph Rds (North Gulph, Old Gulph, plain ol' Gulph Rd. etc???

BTW, my office is in KOP, too.

I always get a kick out of the 'STOP except for right turn' signs I see in PA... I just don't get that in Jersey

The other thing I hate about driving the PA highways... The signs telling you were the exit leads to is a good half a mile away from the exit, and when you get to the exit, all it's marked with is EXIT.
    "Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse. And: helping your uncle jack off a horse"
    ---
    If Mexicans will do the jobs Americans won't do, will they secure our borders?

Originally posted by jay302

.....The other thing I hate about driving the PA highways... The signs telling you were the exit leads to is a good half a mile away from the exit, and when you get to the exit, all it's marked with is EXIT.
    Holy Cow dude! If you can't remember more than a half mile, maybe you shouldn't be driving in any state!!

Fred

Re: Stupid roads

Originally posted by ice machine undertaker

.....Low cost amusement for the locals to watch you out-of-staters try to unconfuse yourselves.

Fred [/B]
    I'm not buying this. I have yet to find a native Pennsylvanian who knows what the hell the red, blue or green routes actually are let alone what the hell the red, blue or green detour routes are.

76, 276 and 476 are all called "the turnpike" and every route numbered road has a same numbered "business" version. "You want to take route 30 east.....no, the other one..."
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast