Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I go thru a lot of AAA and AA batteries.

Does anyone have a good recomendation for rechargeables?

How well do they hold up as compared to the use once/ throw away batteries we all love and use?

Thanks

my company supplies all the batteries we need,for our instuments,flashlights,etc. We charge it all to customers through our 'hardware' charge that goes on every bill.

We bought an Energizer 15 minute charger and AA and AAA batteries and have been very pleased. We've got 8AA and 4AAA's and are adding more.

Nicad batterys are good only if they have just been charged. If you leave it in your tool box for a month without charging and try to use it they will probiably not last very long.

I think this is a question better answered by the ladies.

Originally posted by madeinusa
    I think this is a question better answered by the ladies.
    Right. There should be experience there with their bob's(battery operated boyfriends)

Just get the highest mAH (milliamp-hour) rated ones you can find. The brand and price usually doesn't matter. 2300mAH is about the highest capacity for AA batteries. I have a set of 2050mAH ones in my DVD home theater reciever remote and they have been going strong for several months now. Also get a good quality charger. I would recommend one from radio shack or this one from C. Crane company http://www.ccrane.com/more-categorie...y-charger.aspx

I don't care how long it takes to charge'em.

I don't care how long they hold the charge.

I don't care how many years they last.

4 years ago I bought a charger and a bunch of AAAs for the kids and they don't eat the Energizers for my work lights anymore.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Originally posted by danielthechskid
    Just get the highest mAH (milliamp-hour) rated ones you can find. The brand and price usually doesn't matter. 2300mAH is about the highest capacity for AA batteries. I have a set of 2050mAH ones in my DVD home theater reciever remote and they have been going strong for several months now. Also get a good quality charger. I would recommend one from radio shack or this one from C. Crane company http://www.ccrane.com/more-categorie...y-charger.aspx
    I've got 2300 AA's. They SUCK in test equipment. Sometimes, they won't even turn the meter on with a full charge.

I do like rechargeables, though.

We bought a couple packs of AA's and AAA's and a charger a few months ago. Been adding a pack here and there ever since.

I think they're great. One brand (I forget which one - green batteries)puts the AH ratings on the batteries. You can get AA's from 1800mAH to 2500AHs so look ofr the highest ratings.

Two complaints:

(1) They seem to drain over time in occasional use items. If they sit for a couple of months, they're dead.

(2) They don't work in my GPS. They must have a slightly lower voltage than regular AA's because if I put them in my GPS, I get constant low battery alarms.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Regular AAs don't last.
    Alkaline AAs do MUCH better.
    Rechargables last MUCH MUCH longer, IF:
    you let them COMPLETELY discharge between charges.
    don't overcharge - don't leave them in the charger too long
    don't store charged batterys for long periods of time.

The same goes for the rechargables in your drills, saws, flashlights, etc.....

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

You might notice on your charger the letters NIMH or something. These are not the same as NICAD which had to be drained or they would lose the memory

I use the AA's for the camera and every now and then I catch my son using them in in portable cd player. Does it hurt a battery for it to be used for rap music?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast