Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Or at least it can rent it for while. No money= no food, no shelter, no clothes, no fun. We have to be realistic in life. Money does talk and talk loud it does.

Did you justr find a quarter?

Or is this an Andy Griffith type lesson?????? LOL!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

no

I did just buy an new lawnmower with my 'money'. This made me very happy. So money can buy happiness.

Lawnmowers are no fun!

It has always been poor people that said money does not buy happiness

Everyone I know with money is happier than all the people I know without it with one exception

My brother in law rarely has 2 quarters to rub together which bring in another cliché

Ignorance is bliss

lawnmower = happiness

you need to aim higher.

lawnmower = work
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Talking

well i bought a motorcycle last year. That definately isnt work.

now THAT is happiness.

give that lawnmower to your wife and go out for a ride.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

I'm not so sure it buys happiness rather than peace of mind. With money you know you can pay for a bed & breakfast; without it you know you just may be a little uncomfortable.

I'm trying to teach my wife that concept but I don't think she gets it. She's happy to get my paycheck to spend but when she realizes that the mortgage will soon be due & we just don't have it she gets angry at me as if it's my fault. For example, I've been attempting to put some funds away for the slow time but - lo & behold - I took a look at the ol' account & found $300 missing. She just shrugged & said, "I'm soooo sorry, Honey, will you forgive me?" Of course I'll forgive her but I'm gonna have to say some pretty tough words to her soon.

Money can buy food, but not appetite
    Money can buy medicine, but not health
    Money can buy a house, but not a home
    Money can hire servants, but not loyalty
    Money can buy books, but not the ability to learn
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

My Dad used to say money might not be able to buy happiness but it sure makes living in misery a lot easier.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

It doesn't buy happiness but it makes it pleasant. I have had money and I have not had money. I have dug though old coat pockets looking for change to go to the corner store to buy one of those refrigerated sandwiches. Having it makes happiness a lot more fun. BTW...I worked for what I have and never gave it a second thought about sharing it with someone that respected how it was made.

Have always thought having money was security, yet found myself living with women that thought having money to spend was security. The ones that thought like I did about money, always escaped me. Darn.

Smile James

Cheryl makes me drink the cheap beer! I have been with those women that say, You got no more money, I've got no more time. It's all about the bugger. But a man can hold his head high when he has at least $1000 in savings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast