Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hoists

need a hoist that is portable and lightwieght. I do alot of walk in evaporator hanging. I use to use a small genielift to pin the coil to the ceiling , mark my holes, drill, pin it again and fasten. But a few months ago I seen this little thing that uses co'2, called the superhoist made by genie. Very transportable. All the places I have checked out want around $1400. I am asking if any of you are familiar with it and what did you pay, or is there another lift better for the work I do. For equipment of this nature, I like to either buy used or go to auctions of going out of business places. I could with no problem go new, and if I can't find one used in good shape, I will. But the reason I always look at used first in this kind of stuff, is, not all but most equipment like this you'll find in good working order. Either a guy does not do the kind of work that requires it any longer or needs money ect.

I end up always having to tear Ice Machines off dispensers, or lift them into place or whatever, and the genie I have is great for it. It's just the hand crank cheapie I bought at an auction like 5 years ago. But, it's often a PIA to move it around in the box when installing coils. I want something easier to use and this superhoist hydraulic thing looks like my dream come true.

One of these?

Looks like it could come in handy...
    "Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse. And: helping your uncle jack off a horse"
    ---
    If Mexicans will do the jobs Americans won't do, will they secure our borders?

Does it come with a hardhat?

boy that looks pretty scary to me.

how about a Vermette 520...500lbs @20'

or i f you want smaller a 512...500lbs @12'

http://www.vermettlifts.com/main.htm
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Hey Tinner, I forgot about those. Thanks.

That picture is funny, but, I seen one of these, in action. It's much sturdier than that picture explains, and why such a large peice of equipment can be hoisted in that way.

Originally posted by jay302
    One of these?

Looks like it could come in handy...
    Until you run out of CO2...

Er, does it run on R22?

wow that looks unstable to me. Whats the maximum weight you can lift? The platform looks rather small in comparison to the airhandler it is lifting.

The vermettes are nice and portable. Place I worked for a long time had a 512 and a 520.

Originally posted by lowtemp
    wow that looks unstable to me. Whats the maximum weight you can lift? The platform looks rather small in comparison to the airhandler it is lifting.
    Safety schmafety. Don't be such a tightass.

I have the 512. It's light enough for 1 man to load/unload/operate. With the fork extensions that raise the forks another 20" or so, it works great in walk-ins.

Do all Genies have the telescoping mast? Those things are damn heavy.

I have personally used one of the lifts pictured to remove a 5 ton packaged water source heat pump from a 14 foot ceiling.

You might try renting one before you completely discount their value.

I used one of these in the early eighties! Perfect for planting coils up onto the ceiling of walk-in coolers, etc... or getting a condensing unit up onto the walk in box... but if you are alone... the condensing unit has to be lifted up onto the Genie-lift (CO2 version) as you can see, it's around 4 or 5 feet.

If you have enough calls that would require this beauty... it would be worth owning.

Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

I have both the geenie lift and the 520 vermette and I like both but for speed the super hoist is the way to go. It does take some getting used to and can be a little nerve racking at full extention. We used it thursday to put a 4ton condenser on the roof, it just made it and was faster then the 520. If the condenser was any bigger I would have used the 520. Both can be unstable at thier top hieght just make sure to tie the mast off. The super hoist takes about two minutes to set up or break down, the 520 takes ten or twenty minutes and you may have to reset it because of the mast when you try to relocate a few feet. Well thats all for now, have fun.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast