I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for the great insight.On my last post need advice.I am starting to think you all are right.My boss said to me the other day he was putting an ad in the paper for a helper.So hear I am by my lonesome,whats he do first he brings some guy thats knows nothing about the trade to help me.But the guy said to me and my boss he has no desire to learn this trade.So then today he gets a nother guy to help me.Agian I do a furnace and a/c humidifur,airbear,new 220 line,gas,trunkline,4 heat runs.2 returns by myself.He says I will give you 2 bucks more an hour.I say good,later he says oh I ment to talk to you about when you work with one or the other friend of mine one which works full time elsewere and the other used to work for him then he got his biulders lic. and quit his place.(Not h.v.a.c. lic.)That my pay will decrece by 2 bucks back to the pay I was at.Man what are people going crazy in this trade or what.I looking for a new place to work now.Again thankyou all.

Are people going crazy in this trade? YEP, they sure are...

If people would charge accordingly, we all could make a decent living!

Hmm Something is quite not right

I'm hearing the tech's side of this business. Now lets hear the boss's side. Me first, who is ultimately responsible for every thing that goes right or goes wrong?

Re: Something is quite not right

Originally posted by oroy54
    I'm hearing the tech's side of this business. Now lets hear the boss's side. Me first, who is ultimately responsible for every thing that goes right or goes wrong?
    Trick question I'm sure...God?
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Smile Man gruntly!

Cut me some slack. The heating and cooling business is here to stay. Explain to your customer the Joules-Thompson effect. Tech's are a rare item. Treat them well and hopefully they will treat you well. We all make mistakes, but not everyday! It's an air conditioned world.

Sorry

...Actually a doctor friend of ours took his wife to Paris due to her graduation from University with a BA (bad attitude) 25 years after starting and they came back saying it was 95 everyday and the only places with air conditioning were either very high end restaurants or American restaurants (ie: McDonalds, etc).

Seems we're wimps when it comes to weather.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Originally posted by gruntly
    Sorry

...Actually a doctor friend of ours took his wife to Paris due to her graduation from University with a BA (bad attitude) 25 years after starting and they came back saying it was 95 everyday and the only places with air conditioning were either very high end restaurants or American restaurants (ie: McDonalds, etc).

Seems we're wimps when it comes to weather.
    Lack of A/C in France is reflected in the way it's people smell... Has nothing to do with wimps and everything to do with brains.

i wonder if your cheap ******* boss even realizes he is going to lose a good worker because if deems it necessary to fukk you out of $16 a day. really unbelievable. sliding scale unreal. any of you other bosses out there need to realize that you can't take away from a person and expect to get the same out of them. you wouldn't do it. you are better off cutting them loose. you can't expect the same attitude on Friday at full scale compared to Monday at scale minus $2, it just doesn't work that way.

$16 doesn't even pay for parking around here. unreal.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

I was exactly reight he offered 2 bucks hr when it was just you left and then when he hired a couple of guys then its clawing back the 2 bucks hr
    the guys a bastard a class a bastard

I say learn the trade on his dime and actively search for a better company to work for and as they say don't look back when you leave and don't let the door hit you in the srse on the way out

good luck
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

There is always some employers that want Snap-On level employees for a Harbor Freight price. (and of course there are some Harbor Freight level employees that think they deserve Snap-On level pay).

I don't know the ins/outs of your situation...only you know all the details....but if its causing you that much stress and grief then Id be looking for a happier place to work.

Like the dog barking... says it like it is... move on if you aren't happy, or at the very least, cannot find a GOOD resolution with your boss.

Ain't worth the grief to wake up each morning and hate going to work.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

The cost of energy is much higher in other countries. This is one reason that there isn't as much air conditioning overseas.

Being in business I was surprised at retail sales in ratio to no air conditioning. When people are comfortable they buy more and they eat more. Hence the main reason for air conditioning in a retail establishment is to increase sales.

Supermarkets are air conditioned in order to decrease the load on the refrigeration equipment.

Don't think Americans are cream puffs because we have air conditinioning. It all comes down to cold hard cash.

exactly and thats why large retail giants like the gap put in 50 tons of cooling when 25 would do so they can have their doors open to the outside when its in the 100's and cold air spills out drawing people in thus more sales
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains