Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking

Ok classes start back up in a few weeks, Been working 7 days a week for the last 2 months for the OT money to get all the tools I think I need for this semester. Even picked up some of the book work that's expected this term and got it done.....SO, before I head back to HVAC/R classes with dreams of Making nothing but big money next year...and all my service calls being on homes belonging to the Swedish bikini team. Lets see if you all can scare me off...

What can I expect in the real world of HVAC???

Why should someone go into HVAC?

More importantly, why should someone avoid going into this line of work?

Come on make Steven Speilburg proud scare me.

Let's see, I'm starting my 2nd year classes next week... So far I've seen more air filters than you could imagine, helped on quite a few compressor change outs, a but load of condensor fan motors when we got our first little heat wave of the year, even a residential change out and new construction. (That was during the winter. We usually only do commercial/industrial.)

All was good until last week, now I get to go back to school showing off my leg brace

All in all, I think I'm going to stick with it, call me crazy, but I do like the work
    "Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse. And: helping your uncle jack off a horse"
    ---
    If Mexicans will do the jobs Americans won't do, will they secure our borders?

Thanks Jay..nice to get a fellow students point of view. We have 2 programs here 1 is a vo-tec classes...takes about a year to complete if you take a full course load and go summers. That's the program I'm in. The other takes 4 yrs but only meets 1 night a week and you work in the field during the week..kind of a work study type set up.

Being 41 with a wife and 3 kids I'm doing the 1 year vo-tec classes during the day and working midnight shift to pay the bills.

Originally posted by doglips
    classes during the day and working midnight shift to pay the bills.
    Hey doglips,
    I dont think anyone who would try that can be scared...

Just hang in there for one year,and you will be glad you did.We can help with your homework.

And congratulations on your 20th post!

Instant gratification, is why I do it. Install it or repair it, but no satisfaction like when you throw the switch and everything works as designed.
    Instant high - still - after 30+ years.

37 years in the business & look how great & healthy i look

doglips:
    how about an 80yr old offering to settle her bill by taking her teeth out and her house coat off?

or a huge 400 lb woman whom you can smell from 20 ft away due to her ac being broken and you just got it running and she holds out her moo moo to let the cold air blow up and you cant escape cause shes blocking the door and you still have to get a cheque all the time gagging and dry heaving.

how about a cat litter box next to the furnace that only gets emptied when the cat wont use it

how about restraunt equipment enough said

how about fish plants
    how about rendering plants
    dog foood factories I went to one where they killed the animals unfit for human consumption and even if the stock died in the yard before being processed the yard man would go and get him and drag it in the staff were allowed to cook anything and eat it in the lunch room as well Hungry yet?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

How about the capacitor you forgot to discharge and are just about to strip the wire bare with your teeth.

How about standing over a brand new 25hp Coplemetic that just blew up and you know YOU CAUSED IT.

How about knowing the company you work for likes national contracts, including ones with sewer pumps (grinders) that break down every second day for a week and the closest living company man to that pump is you.

How about hooking up a furnace and a/c in a new unfinished home in the woods, by yourself with no-one else around and you swear you just heard the banjo part from Deliverance.

(Wow..no wonder you don't like Res, Penquin.)
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

That's Birdman's high school pic, he looks much worse now, if that's possible.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

It's an excellent and rewarding career if you apply yourself. You appear to be motivated. Now if you want to be scared off follow Payson's posts on the Wall of Shame. That stuff's scary. I'm shocked some tech hasn't gone postal on a pack of engineers or building inspectors.

Originally posted by bigbird
    Oh, boy! Looks like someone I wouldn't wanna invite into my home.

tHAT`S ONE OF MY BETTER PICTURES. It`s my passport picture taken AFTER my wife made me shave off my beard & get a hair cut.One good looking dude ah? I wonder if i delite it from my computer thr computer would work better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast