Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Do companies out there require you to show your DL every month to prove you still can drive (for insurance purposes they say)

the sh!t hole co I work for now does, Personally I think its some kinda violation of my rights
    not to sure what to do about it except I'm actively looking for alternative employment anyway
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

My company does not ask to see it because theres no point. It's a piece of plastic. What they do is have the insurence company check your record every couple of months. Would that make you happier not knowing that they are checking?

This accomplishes nothing. Your license can be suspended, revoked, whatever, and still be in your physical possession.
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

Penguin

The company that I work for does ask for proof off a drivers licence. A condition of employment. Go ahead and quit your job. The next employer will ask for yor DL. Just like mine. Please don't worry your wife sick. Roy

Dont see where you should worry about it violating your rights as far as proving you have a valid drivers liscence. It not like you dont know without that liscence you dont have a job. Heck just think about that anytime you take a drink and think about driving. You think its not violating your bosses rights if you drive his truck with no drivers liscence and risk him loosing everything he worked for? Have hired people that clain they have a valid drivers liscence and by the time I gave their information to the insurance company and it was checked .....guess what, no Valid drivers liscence. BE REALISTIC when you think about YOUR RIGHTS.

[Edited by dec on 07-29-2005 at 07:39 PM]

Yup. Suppose an employee goes out and kills someone while DUI and DWLS. Guess what the insurance company will ask the boss! "Do you have his license on file?" and "When did you last check it?"

I wouldn't hire anyone who has something to hide where a Dl is concerned. And I sure as heck wouldn't insure him. THAT would be stupid.

Is it really a lot of trouble to prove that little thing about yourself? Then get another job...one where you don't have to drive. Then you won't be bothered.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

They ask for my driver's license about twice a year. So what...I don't have anything to hide and I know it's for business and not for receiving unwanted solicitations in the mail or email spam.

If I did do something that ever went against my driver's license...I'd have to accept the repercussion.
    Get back to work.™

Thats not necessary in Florida.

Once a DL# is known it can be checked by anyone on the internet for validity.

Outstanding, unpaid tickets are displayed as is current status but personel information is not displayed.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Hmm Penguin

Don't you ever sleep? Peace of mind ol' buddy. Roy

oroy you of course know up here north of the 49th its the land of the midnight sun during the summer once north of the 49th the sun sets around 2am and rises around 3am.

so we have lots of things to do.

I just wanted to find out what is the "norm" reg DLs at other companies, as I have in 22 yrs worked for 4 companies one overseas and three in Canada.
    I'm not looking for another job based purley on having to show my liscence but for other reasons
    1 favoritism towards employees
    2 the boss is a tight arse
    3 ****tiy trucks
    4 anal paperwork
    5 fellow employees
    6 typical empty promises of pay raises profit sharing etc
    7 finding it very tough to get a full billable day in
    8 the boss is a tight arse
    9 residental work (I hate it like a passion)
    10 refrigeration (prep tables saladbars reach ins you know the bottom feeder kinds)

looks like I created a top ten list to leave a company
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

You'll have to add one to the list to make it the 'top ten'.

As 2 and 8 are the same.

So move to Hogtown and join the union...By the way is your boss a tight arse?

Can't guaranty yer boss in T.O. would be anything less than a clamped up, sewn up, welded shut tight arse but at least the pay, hours and working conditions are reasonable.

Do you like snow?
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Penguin

No offence, I just thought you were one tough guy. I saw you post really early this morning while I was still at work. Now it's almost 1 am for me. Like I have alot of room to talk! It must be a chore getting the kids to bed. Roy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast