+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate spiders.

Post Likes
    Simply can not stand them. See one and go into kill mode. Except for one species of spider. In late summer in Georgia the banana spider (Nephila clavipes) emerges. They are around a few weeks and disappear as fast as they came. The females are huge, the males small and like in most cases in the wild kingdom the females keep the male around a while, then kill them. Below are 2 on the back side of my house.

Link about the Spiders. http://www.shadygrovetrainingcenter....to_gallery.htm

Lynn and Jane. Bottom pic shows a male soon to be lunch.

Post Likes
    I read somewhere that humans are bitten on average of three times each year by spiders, most times never knowing they had been bitten.

As long as the spider is not in my indoor domain, I let them live. Inside the house is off limits. I know that spiders do a lot of good controlling other pesty insects but I do not care to share my home with them.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    These kind stay out of the way. That is why I don't bother them. I hate the ones that build across a walkway. Tell me Boyd. Haven't you ever felt like the male spider? LOL. Hi honey..... I'm home ..then your dead.

[Edited by James 3528 on 07-29-2005 at 04:58 PM]

Post Likes

Don't let the Fear Factor folks see this

or we'll be watchin some hot chick having to chow down on ½ dozen of the biguns.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Sorry I can't get a good scale for how big the spiders are.. could you hold one in your hand and take a pic for us?

Post Likes
    I can see all eight of those sinister looking eyes staring you down.... thinking.... "Closer.... yeah, that's it, just a liiiiiiittle closer.... c'mon.... Yeah... that's it....."

Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Post Likes

I think those.........

are the same kinda spiders we have around here. They get really big in the country around barns and out buildings.

What camera do you use james3528?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Tell me Boyd. Haven't you ever felt like the male spider? LOL. Hi honey..... I'm home ..then your dead.

[Edited by James 3528 on 07-29-2005 at 04:58 PM]
    With the ex, yes. With Lisa, no. I have become quite the intollerant bastard when it comes to putting up with black widow attitudes from women.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I grew up with this one kid on my street whose parents had a pasture where his mom raised horses. I remember him telling me about the time he was using the weed eater, mowing down this area of head high weeds and grass and he came across a banana spider. He said that thing was huge. He just turned and walked away.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    That is still one nasty looking spider. I really hate when you are walking and you go through a spider web across your face. That freaks me out. I start whipping it off and dancing around like I'm on fire incase the spider is on me.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mattm
    That is still one nasty looking spider. I really hate when you are walking and you go through a spider web across your face. That freaks me out. I start whipping it off and dancing around like I'm on fire incase the spider is on me.
    Ah yes... The Spider Dance... takes the strength completely away from a 240 lb. body builder man.... The risk of looking the fool or our desire to seem macho to the opposite sex... the line is drawn in the form of a spider's silky web, if we come into contact with it... and then amplifies beyond the call of reason, when we see the eight legs gripping onto you with only survival on it's mind as we panic like were falling off of a ten storey building.

BTW Matt... thanks... Now I won't sleep tonight!

Post Likes

Smile ricm

Eight legs? My main squeeze has only two? Very interesting! I wish I had four of you know what! Roy

Post Likes

Re: ricm

Originally posted by oroy54
    Eight legs? My main squeeze has only two? Very interesting! I wish I had four of you know what! Roy
    Keep the magic alive with your partner... and she'll give you eight legs worth.... You lucky dawg!

Post Likes
    Saw a really cool spider in Charlotte last week.

(Hah! No Charlotte's Web pun intended).

Including the legs, it was about 3" in diameter and it's back was covered in a rainbow of color on basic black. If I see one again I'll post a picture.

I watch out for the Black Widows, it's the little Fiddle-Backs (Brown Recluse) that you don't see until you're bit. Bad stuff!

Post Likes
    I love spiders, whats wrong with you all? They are harmless for the most part, I'd leave them in the house if all the girls would let me. I get the furry black jumping spiders here and let them jump from finger to finger in front of my girls. When I was a boy I used to go to the felds by my house and catch all those big orb web building spiders and bring them home. I had collections of all kinds, jumping, orb web, ground. Ya know whitch ones will bite you every time, crab spiders, but they are usually so small the bites are not painfull. One thing I used to do with those big orb web spiders is grab them by their bodies and hold them and watch them fold over to try to bite me but they bite their own bodies and kill themselves. Another thing I liked to do is find any kind of insect and throw it into their orb web and watch them wrap it up and bite it to death.

Post Likes
    Just read the entire bit complete with pictures of festering wounds from the bites of Brown Recluse Spiders.

Outside of being torn apart from a grizzly bear, this is one bad ass bug!!!!

I got the mini-mag lite out... and scouring every nook and flippin' cranny!

Every twitch and itch has me hangin' from the flippin' chandelere!!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by John(Chicago)
    I love spiders, whats wrong with you all? They are harmless for the most part, I'd leave them in the house if all the girls would let me. I get the furry black jumping spiders here and let them jump from finger to finger in front of my girls. When I was a boy I used to go to the felds by my house and catch all those big orb web building spiders and bring them home. I had collections of all kinds, jumping, orb web, ground. Ya know whitch ones will bite you every time, crab spiders, but they are usually so small the bites are not painfull. One thing I used to do with those big orb web spiders is grab them by their bodies and hold them and watch them fold over to try to bite me but they bite their own bodies and kill themselves. Another thing I liked to do is find any kind of insect and throw it into their orb web and watch them wrap it up and bite it to death.
    You have always cracked me up Johnny. Man you're still messed up You still have my e-mail address?

Post Likes
    Read somewhere that everybody swallows between 200 and 300 spiders in their sleep over their lifetime. Lovely thought.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    There are a lot of things I read I don't believe. 8 to 10, tops.

Post Likes
    Looks like your boat might be next on her agenda. Don't they normally seek prey with good jobs, boats, nioe house...... oh, are we still talking spiders here?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in