Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    maybe some coil cleaner and wait for rain? are you paid hourly?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

just get some rubber boots,and go easy on the water hose...you can figger this stuff out.

Originally posted by hotsummer101
    I'm a Super Cool Tech, what can I say ?

he said "competent", not super cool.

I think the coil cleaner and waiting for rain is the best idea I've heard so far,

if your supply house has R-718 get that and try flushing coils. used it for years with excellent results

I know you won't believe this but I can get R-718 for free

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you can

Regarding that foam cleaner on the condenser,

I'm worried about washing it away with many electrical lines all around, is it OK to wash it away with a hand held
    water sprayer,thatw ay I don't get too much water all around
    What happens when it rains on that roof? Do all these electrical lines suddenly start sparking like the 4th of July?

You should always turn off the power to any unit where you're washing the coils. If there's exposed electrical on the roof that can be affected by water entry, that needs to be fixed as well.

Apartment maintenance...you gotta love it! (yeah, I've been there...and won't ever go back, Lord willing!)
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Cleaning the coil never hurts (at least we Eliminate something), but we don't even know the ambient temp let alone SH and SC. We are just easter egging.

Tell me this what have you done so far?

I think he pissed on it.

But does'nt the 315 psi on high side indicate higher than normal operating pressure regardless of super heat/coll redaings

You might look at it that way, but that figure alone is rather meaningless to me. Just like a low suction pressure by itself doesn't necessarily mean under charge.

You got us going, clean the coil with a water hose with the power off, run the unit for awhile so it stabilizes and then put your guages and thermometer to work and report the results. You are willing to learn, right?

MikeJ

I will go back later this week and get more information, also to clean the coil.I have to admit I don't have hardly any test instruments,I have a Fieldpiece with a tempature readout, I'm sure this is fairly accurate ?I will read the amps, pressure etc.

Couple of questions

Are you checking temps with the unit doors on? If you have the doors off it will really effect the high side pressure as the condensor will not be drawing air over the coils. Also I don't care how you do it or whether you think it needs it or not, clean the condensor coils. I have seen amazing pressure changes after cleaning coils that I could have sworn were clean.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12