+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walk-ins, not just for refrigerating food anymore

Post Likes

Walk-ins, not just for refrigerating food anymore

Some of you might have heard about the tornadoes that slammed parts of the south last night.

In Ringgold, GA. last night, the people inside a McDonald's saw one coming right for them. Thinking quickly, the manager put all the employees and customers inside the walk-in, likely saving their lives as the windows and walls were blown out and much of the interior of the store ejected. The manager was the last one in and the tornado struck as he was entering, slamming the door on his hand and crushing it. Other than that, none of them were injured.

Others in the area didn't fare so well.

Post Likes
    That's a great story, especially since there was so much death and damage elsewhere.

My dad lives about 3/4 miles from that McDonalds. Luckily, he only had minor damage to his property.

My niece tells me that much of the city of Ringgold is damaged and closed off. That's part of my old stomping ground and from the pictures I've seen, it want be the same next time I visit.

I hope the missing are found soon...............alive.

Post Likes
    I don't think it would have mattered had it been a direct hit. That being said it was a smart move on that managers part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    That's a great story, especially since there was so much death and damage elsewhere.

My dad lives about 3/4 miles from that McDonalds. Luckily, he only had minor damage to his property.

My niece tells me that much of the city of Ringgold is damaged and closed off. That's part of my old stomping ground and from the pictures I've seen, it want be the same next time I visit.

I hope the missing are found soon...............alive.
    I'm also from the area and have family and property there. Thankfully, all OK. Much of downtown Ringgold is smashed though.

Post Likes
    Always wondered how a box would work as an ice fishing shack - never thought about it as a tornado shelter.

Good (quick) thinking on the manager's part. Thank goodness no one was seriously injured.

I hope you made it through the storms ok, k_dude.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    Always wondered how a box would work as an ice fishing shack - never thought about it as a tornado shelter.

Good (quick) thinking on the manager's part. Thank goodness no one was seriously injured.

I hope you made it through the storms ok, k_dude.
    We dodged the bullet here; one went under us and the other north of us.

The bad one in Ringgold passed so close to my niece that she could see it out the window; but all my peeps came out fine.

Many were not so lucky though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    We dodged the bullet here; one went under us and the other north of us.

The bad one in Ringgold passed so close to my niece that she could see it out the window; but all my peeps came out fine.

Many were not so lucky though.
    Your niece is lucky indeed!

Hey, when did you switch from underscore to hyphen? Something doesn't look right with your username........or am I losing my mind?
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

Post Likes

Hey, when did you switch from underscore to hyphen? Something doesn't look right with your username........or am I losing my mind?
    He changed it bout the same time you went all lower case
    How the heck r ya MT
    Been a long time
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes

Hey, you're paying attentions. LOL

My new PDA phone doesn't have an underscore key, so I couldn't log in on it.

Yeah, it just doesn't feel right to me either. Dang!

Post Likes
    20 more people saved by a walk-in
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/23...ssouri/?hpt=T1

Post Likes
    In 1973 If memory serves me right a Tornado went down a street called Peoria in Tulsa, OK. At a Shot Gun Sams pizza 7 people got in the walk in and it became airborne from the direct hit. The walk in ended up 125 ft away and in the middle of the street and all 7 people made statements to the news that it did not even spin and stayed level and was as gentle as a elevator ride only sideways.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in