Thread: York HPs

Smile

Just wanted to know if there is any information regarding York (and subsidiaries) units. We will be getting a quote for a York unit later today. I know from this web site that the installer is key, but also wanted to see if anybody had any recent experience with installations or service?

Also wanted to ask about the HVAC Manual J calc for an addition. We are renovating an attic and adding a HP. the attic will be changed into an approximate 700 - 850 sf master suite and laundry room. Downstairs is 1400 sf. Is it possible to do a Manual J calculation for only an addition or should you do one for the entire house (including addition) and add up the btu's.

Thanks,

Entire house.You have changed the building envelope,so the previous calculations will be different.

Try the load calc.offered here!Click on the bullseye at the top of the page.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I'd do it both ways,to help decide which to do,add a system for the addition,or replace the existing one with a larger(if needed,since many are oversized),and add a two zone,zoning system.

What do you want to know about York? One of the biggest in the world. They cooled the World Trade Center, English Channel Tunnel, and many more huge buildings. Key is a good installer!

http://www.yorkupg.com

Ask them about the Affinity line.

You'll like how quiet they are.

Yorks are as reliable as any other brand, when installed right.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

York HPs

Sort of looking the "Xenon" product line. I know it is made by York, but not part of a model series. The salesman said something about have to be "certified" to install them.

I have been impressed with York. I don't install or service, but I have sold this line before and I toured the plant in Wichita, KA a couple of years ago. The way the product was assembled and the way York tracks each unit from start to finish was impressive. All units are run tested before they leave the factory. (I think most other A/C equipment manufacturers do this also.)
    Like you said, the most important factor is the installer.

I'm not familar with the Xenon name. The fact that the salesman said they had to be certified to install it leads me to think it may be an R-410A system. These systems use a more enviromentally friendly refrigerant and operate at higher presures than a typical system.
    This is just a guess. Someone here will probably know more about it than I do. I do need to go see the local York distributor today, I'll ask them about it.

If you go with the Affinity heat pump be sure the installer uses 6 pump ups to raise the heat pump rather then the usual 4. That composite base will sag if only 4 pump ups are used.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Xenon is made by York for Airtime 500 customers. It's their mid line stuff from what it seems.

What is an Airtime 500 customer?

Airtime 500 is, basically (in my opinion anyway), a buying group.
    There may be additonal benefits to belonging to the group, but I don't know.
    Basically, a contractor joins the group by paying a fee and meeting certain criteria. Benefits to the contractor may include some human resource type benefits (group health insurance and discounted rates for liability insurance) and also discounted pricing for some of the parts and supplies he uses. The discounts are not typically very deep, not much more than a large contractor might be able to find by shopping around, so don't expect to pay less because the contractor is affiliated with Airtime 500.
    Anyway, you should want to make sure the contractor you choose is profitable, if he isn't, he will not be around very long. Learn more about Airtime 500 @ http://www.airtime500.com