+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cypress Intigration

Post Likes

Cypress Intigration

I'm putting together a proposal for 200+ Cypress stats in a building. Supplier just informed me that I can't control setpoints from my front end, JC FX60. That sucks. Not a true BACnet product as I was 1st told. Checking to see if anyone else has used the Cypress product and any other issues I might experience. I have specified more repeaters than they suggested.

Thank You

Post Likes
    What are these stats exactly (model number, link to a manual, etc)? A quick look at the cypress site shows some BACnet gateways but I don't see any BACnet stats.

Post Likes
    The plan is 224 Cypress DA Wireless Stas, Pneumatic conversion, with 30 wireless repeaters, Cypress Server and Cypress BACnet Server. Intigrating into JC FX60.
    cypressenvirosystems.com/products/wireless-pneumatic-thermostat/

Here has all the info on the product.

Thanks

Post Likes

Pics statements are the "under the hood" look

Take a look at their BACnet PICs statements, as they are clear as to what is available via BACnet with their different stats.

You may be able to use a different model to meet your needs.

From what I read in their PICS statement, their zone controllers only
    use one (1) setpoint for the zone control loop. Than could lead to less than
    expected qualify of zone control. IMO high risk adventure installing these controllers.

I usually ban any product that does only one zone setpoint from my clients specifications, with the only exception being some special residential projects.

Good luck

Drac
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

Post Likes
    Thanks. Good info. Does anyone have a recomendation for direct Pneumatic conversion...that is replacing pneumatic stats only and not complete wiring, actuators, board install?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in