Thread: EPR

Hey guys,
    It's been a while since I posted up cause things are actually rolling well at work. However; I'm looking for an evaporator pressure regulator for 1/4" line (OD). Our regular suppliers are basically coming up with dead ends. I need to be able to regulate between -5 PSIG and +15 PSIG, approximately.

Anyone know of any suppliers that would be able to sell me a few for testing?

I don't know of any suppliers that make a 1/4" epr. Just to cover the bases though, its best to size an epr based on the normal criteria of refrigerant, tonnage, available pressure drop, etc, and not based on line size.

Perhaps you're looking for a 1/4" valve so it will be easy to solder in without bushings, etc. I think it will be difficult to find a very small tonnage epr if that's what you really need. If this is a single evaporator type system with only small variations in load, you may be able to achieve your goal through the use of an automatic type expansion valve.

I'm not sure what you mean by regulate between -5 psig and +15 psig. Normally, a specific pressure is needed and the valve has a range of adjustment, i.e. a typical epr might have a range of adjustment from say 0 to 60 psig, which then could be set to maintain 10 psig.

What kind of a system do you have that requires a 1/4" EPR valve?

if Sporlan dont make em ... try Danfoss

Westcoast, the powers that be at work don't want to get rid of the cap tube, so I'm not sure what else, besides an EPR that I can use to get a specific lowside pressure (between -5 and 15 psig). Our compressor is around 3/16 hp so the tonnage is pretty small. I've seen an EPR with quarter inch fittings on a fridge with a smaller compressor than ours and it was made by Parker, but it must be a special order part cause our supplier who deals with Parker can't find anything.

Icemeister, it's a small dispenser with a refrigerated space of about 1 cubic foot.

I'll check out sporlan, danfoss didn't seem to have anything that small.

EPR

a valve like you're looking for is made by TAYLOR (soft ice cream machines). part number is 022665. this is used on small hopper systems-200-300 BTU. you will have to find your local TAYLOR DISTRIBUTOR. if no luck, let me know where you live and I can find out. the part no. is a TAYLOR part no.

And you are sure you are not confusing this with a CRO, CPR?

Not really sure what a CRO or a CPR is, so possibly, yes.

Taylor-1, the only distributor I can find is http://www.tficanada.com

I'm located in Halifax Nova Scotia if you know a better source where I might be able to pick up a couple of these epr's that would be great.

ever think on possibly using

a constant pressure internally equalized aev/txv?