+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barber Coleman

Post Likes
    Any Barber Coleman guys out there I was told hyper term. will work on MZIIA's I tried to connect but didnt have any luck , was told to use serial cable but what is the pin out on the RJ11 end? any help would be appreciated

Post Likes
    Must have PSI or XPSI software to get to MZII programming. Also must have an RS232-485 converter, Patton electronics Model 285. If site has GCM connected to MZII's you can see values coming from the MZII and values that are being sent to MZII. GCM can be accessed through hyper term.

Post Likes
    Thanks ddcctrl,
    Just got your response been out of town.
    Also was looking for xpsi software our local invensys dealer won't sell to me because I work for the other team

Post Likes
    What is it you're trying to do?

Post Likes
    I have a Govern-Air chiller that loads up fine but overshoots wonce it gets to stpt then starts unloading but it fully unloads each time and starts the whole process over again not too economical.Wanted too see if loop needs adjustment or program does. Also was able to get xpsi but my 232-485 cable not connecting with controller I just used it on Danfoss VFD works just fine.

Post Likes
    Are you sure the MZ is doing the loading? I ask because usually chillers are just enabled and the chiller loads on it's own. As far as the cable try getting a coupling and another phoneline and cut the end off. Put some alligator clips on the red and green and clip right on the ASD terminals. Also make sure your setup is not to the GCM. If it is on GCM and you try to connect right at the MZ it will not work. You may also have to "join bus" which can take alot of patience.

Post Likes
    microzone definitely controls load/unload I'll try asd terminals i already have alligator setup but thought rj11 was for this thanks.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by controldude
    I have a Govern-Air chiller that loads up fine but overshoots wonce it gets to stpt then starts unloading but it fully unloads each time and starts the whole process over again not too economical.Wanted too see if loop needs adjustment or program does. Also was able to get xpsi but my 232-485 cable not connecting with controller I just used it on Danfoss VFD works just fine.

Try all of the baud rates it should connect at 1200 9600 or 2400 or 19,200, try all of them make sure you back all the way out of the program each time you try. There is no reason not to connect to it. What error do you get when you are trying to connect ?

It is almost always a baud rate problem.Or just a matter of getting familiar with the program.

Post Likes

Talking

this is a late post I know, but I thought I would throw some stuff out there.
    1.) using an rs485 converter the rj-11 connections use the center 2 connectors only. you'll have to play with the polarity to get it right.
    2.) You need to use xpsi to communicate.
    3.) If your serial port is not powerful enough to communicate with a gcm or unc online you may have to disconnect the asd. (be careful this doesn't disrupt any critical control)
    4.) If you have a unc online it will have to have psi services running on it for you to communicate simultaneously. (I have had problems in the past with controllers dropping out of communication even with the service running)
    5.) make sure you setup your xpsi correctly to communicate with or without a gcm depending on your system.
    6.) even if everthing is setup correctly I have sometimes had problems communicating on a long bus because my serial port was not powerful enough, so I had to disconnect the asd anyway.

Post Likes
    Where can I get the XPSI ???

Post Likes
    From someone who has it and is willing to share it

Post Likes
    Does anybody here has the XPSI or XPSI for windows and is willing to share/exchange?
    Just let me know, I really need it...
    Intelcon
    my e-mail is:
    crojas@sccoast.net

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ddcctrl
    Must have PSI or XPSI software to get to MZII programming. Also must have an RS232-485 converter, Patton electronics Model 285. If site has GCM connected to MZII's you can see values coming from the MZII and values that are being sent to MZII. GCM can be accessed through hyper term.
    Be aware that the Patton Model 285 may need some tweaks to get it to work properly. They do have a Model 285-BC that works better with less fuss. Also watch out for the red and green wires flipping their location on the RJ-11. You may need to flip the polarity on the converter to accomodate for that.

Post Likes
    if you don't know the network number, GCM segment, etc, you can use zpsipc.exe or ppsipc.exe which will automatically detect & configure your bus & network settings for PSI. Nifty tool when you just show up on a site without as-built documentation.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in