Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Very Disappointed with Testo

Ive had my 523 for 3 years now. Its been a trusted piece of equipment that I rely on day in and day out. Being able to check SH and SC on the fly is vital to me. Ive got analogs on the truck that I haven't touched in years now b/c I am so spoiled with this thing! However, within the first 3 months the temp sensor broke, and they replaced it, no problem. What made my really happy with Testo is they have an office very close to where I live (North Jersey area)

Just today I go to use it and once again the temp sensor is broken, and the unit is not zeroing out. I take a ride up to Sparta, which is where their headquarters and repair center is. I speak to a tech and he tells me that since its out of warranty there is nothing that can be done with either of these problems. He informs me that the 550 is more serviceable, and that my best bet is to just pick up a new 550. I even inform him that I also own a 327 with printer, and he offers no help in any way. He didnt take it in the back to really even look at it. Came out to the reception area, looked at it and handed it back. It would have been nice if he could have maybe somehow arranged some sort of discount for the new one, since this one took a dump after 3 short years.

I get the unit home and mess around with it some more, and it finally zeros out. So, I guess it shows how much he knows.

Its so disappointing to have spent $500 on a meter that I've taken very good care of. As a matter of fact, the unit was always kept inside the cab of my truck.

I really had higher hopes for Testo's customer service. Very disappointing b/c Ive paid more for Testos over other brands thinking they had a superior product.

He wouldn't give you a price to fix it??

I would think it would be fixable? Maybe not for free but if he gave you a price you could at least decide whether you wanted to fix or replace.

That would be sad if a 3 year old unit couldn't be fixed.

He told me the zeroing problem could not be calibrated or serviced. However, as of now, the the unit is zeroed out. Which leaves me with a busted temp prob, and he offered no help.

Im reading some threads here and it looks like the didgicool are the way to go. Can anyone recommend a good manifold for them?

My Testo 550 has been great but I know a lot of others have had problems with them.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Digicool. They are coming out (hopefully) with a new manifold called Paradigm which looks like an awesome manifold. Until then, I would recommend an Imperial manifold. I have had good luck with them.

I recall a thread a while back, that had this beautiful looking manifold, it looked like it was solid billet machined. It is overkill but im a junkie and I have to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherNJ View Post
    I recall a thread a while back, that had this beautiful looking manifold, it looked like it was solid billet machined. It is overkill but im a junkie and I have to find it.
    thermal engineering. (Sherman Stalker) There were a lot of problems with them. I would also vote imperials. Or use the set you have until Doug's manifold is produced..

What digicool are you purchasing? Im sure you will be happy. Nice to have one guy ( the owner) that will take care of you. Not some guy collecting a pay check that could care less.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Ah hah!....ya pikies, this is the reason I will stick to my analogs for now. 700 bones for a digital PIA.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Ah hah!....ya pikies, this is the reason I will stick to my analogs for now. 700 bones for a digital PIA.
    $700 digicools will give them POS analogs a run for their money lol

JK
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    You can get a decent digital set for half that.

i got a combustion analyzer 330-1LL and i do use it alot around 3 times a day. but within 3 months the o2 sensor went on it. bought new one replaced it 2 months after that the thermocouple is gone on it. very dissapointed with the testo gear.

Digi-cool 1250 will do anything you want them to do.

I have mine mounted on YJ 41 manifolds.

I don't carry analogs anymore.

For $700, you could almost buy 3 sets of DC1600s.

The sensors are a weak point.

Love the 1250, hate the sensors, I don't even use them.

X2

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkgoat View Post
    i got a combustion analyzer 330-1LL and i do use it alot around 3 times a day. but within 3 months the o2 sensor went on it. bought new one replaced it 2 months after that the thermocouple is gone on it. very dissapointed with the testo gear.
    I second that. We have three different Testo combustion analyzers and use none of them now for various issues and problems. Currently the Bach newest model is only one working for the students. To me the Testo is high priced over engineered and designed to break down.

I have two of the manifolds and very rarely use them.
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast