Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The I.P. addresses of the controllers start at 192.168.2.1 and go up to 192.168.2.24. I can't remember what the PC is set at, I'll have to wait for Monday. SubnetMask is 255.255.255.0

In RC-Toolkit in Mset, there are IP tables for every Main controller...There are IP's set in there, however is there something special that should be there?

I have also been in contact with two former employees that I use to work with at Reliable, and they too pretty confused and think it should be relatively easy. I was thinking of giving they're tech support a call, just don't know how willing they would be to help me out.

Thanks

I just know I have seen where you can talk to the reliable network having a ip address that is in a different range but the BACnet will not talk. Can you connect directly to the controller you are try to add the distech device to and then do a BACnet direct connect. I would also unplug the Ethernet cable when doing this. You should definitely be able to see the BACnet side of the controller then.

Have you checked the BACnet IP port number? I don't remember if Reliable change it but it should be 47808.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

So I've isolated everything on the network and have just the MACH-Global in question connected directly to the OWS. I did a BACnet direct-connect and successfully logged in but the MACH-Global itself still does not appear in the BAC-net system tree.

Port is set for 47808

Thanks

BACnet configuration settings are:

Device ID...520
    Ethernet network...0
    B/IP Network...20

Thanks

It appears that there is an issue with the configuration of RC-Studio if you can see no BACnet controllers. I suggest you use some other software to see if you can discover any of the controllers.

You can download a trial version of Chipkin's BACnet Explorer from their website or use BACnet Discovery Tool that can be downloaded from here: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...1&postcount=16

You might want to enable the Ethernet Network as well (make sure you don't have multiple controllers with Ethernet enabled on the same IP segment), if this doesn't resolve the issue turn it back off when you done.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

I will try the BACnet Discovery tool, but in the mean time, does this work:

There are 2 networks here: 192.168.1.x range and 192.168.2.x range

The OWS is IP 192.168.1.123
    The Reliable controllers are IP 192.168.1-192.168.1.24
    The NAE controllers that show up are IP 192.168.1.201-192.168.1.208
    The Router is IP 192.168.2.1

I'm just concerned about the Router being ".2.1" and not ".1.1"

the 192.168.2.x range is for 2 Distech EC-Boses for Lighting

I know enough about networking, but maybe it's fine seeing as the Reliable side of things works.

Thanks

Sounds like BBMD adjustments may need to be reviewed

Since there is a router involved, "2.1" and 1.1" (octets), review you BBMD's
    to make sure they are set up correctly.

Additionally, I would suggest you take a hard look at the BACnet "BIBBS" and "Pics" for the different products on your site to see what limitations each has. My guess is you have at least a BBMD issue, and a secondary issues of some of the BACnet controllers not being 2008 BACnet compliant.

If any of your BACnet products are using BTL certified 135 2008 version compliance, then you will more than likely have to put in the BACnet MSTP network number into the appropriate control modules. Any of the BACnet controllers that are not BACnet 135 2008 complieant, may not bind to the newer BACnet devices.

Food for thought

Drac
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

Remember to "Pay it Forward"; help out the newer generation of techs, remember someone during our career helped us! ("Pay it Forward" was by someone smarter than me!!)

I must say I'm not familiar with BBMD, could you please explain a little more.

When i run the BACnet Discovery Tool, it discovers every single controller, so they are there...

Thanks

I have found a BBMD table, however anytime I enter anything and send it, it just disappears...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasohara View Post
    I must say I'm not familiar with BBMD, could you please explain a little more.

When i run the BACnet Discovery Tool, it discovers every single controller, so they are there...

Thanks
    If BDT finds them, it would appear that BBMD is not your issue.

BBMD is a means of allowing BACnet broadcasts to jump across networks.

BDT works by sending out a global broadcast of the message "who is." Every [non-slave] controller able to receive that message responds with "I am" messages that give details about themselves. The computer you ran BDT on was able to send that broadcast to all of your controllers and the responses from all of your controllers were able to get back to your BDT computer, so on that level it looks like you are not in need of BBMD since it worked.

Of course I'm assuming that your OWS and the computer you ran BDT on were both set up with similar network settings.

Well, I ran the BDT on a PC on the same network range because when I ran it on the OWS, it came up with the error "Another BACnet application is running on this computer" and it doesn't run

I have to turn off my other BACnet programs when I run any of the command line programs I've written using the same source code as BDT.

But this is no surprise. Port 47808 (or any port for that matter) can generally only bind to one application on a computer at a time. So only one BACnet tool can run at a time on each computer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast