Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    No laws were broken so that won't get him very far. I work in Michigan and I have even signed papers stating that I am employed at will.

Dealers don't make the product, they just sell it. They are independent businesses. I don't see why they would be that worried about it, enough to fire the guy anyway.

Originally posted by James 3528
    What does this have to do with Freedom? The guy was free to buy a Harley. Now he is free to get a lawyer.
    getting hired or fired based upon a private personal purchase doesn't exactly scream free does it?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

But he was free to quit his job and work somewhere else to buy a harley. Depends on how you look at it.

Originally posted by The Penguin
    Originally posted by James 3528
    What does this have to do with Freedom? The guy was free to buy a Harley. Now he is free to get a lawyer.
    getting hired or fired based upon a private personal purchase doesn't exactly scream free does it?
    Neither does a thousand other reasons people get hired and fire in the US AND Canada. But taking that person to court damn sure does look free. And changing the law on election day also does. And we extend more rights to baby seals and lawful gun owners.

What if this guy needed a different bike because he always wanted one, and couldn't afford to drive his SUV to work with the high gas prices. He couldn't afford what they sold and found a killer deal on a cheap harley? Granted it's a different story.. but sheesh... some of y'all are mighty closed minded on this freedom thing.

How many of you guys, if you worked for a company that sold only Gibson, would install a Gibson in your own house when you could afford your favorite brand?

Originally posted by tinner73
    we had a job at a Coca-Cola plant a few years ago. you could drink all the free Coke you wanted but you couldn't bring in a Pepsi. you'd get thrown off the job. we also did Bosch's HQ. we were bring in our tools when the gaurd informed us that only Bosch tools were allowed. we could use a Milwaukee port-a-band because Bosch didn't make those.

I laughed my ass off on THAT one! If a manufacture of tools were to bring me in (a non-employee) to fix their equipment, and denied me entry because my tools were a competitor's brand... I'd laugh, and laugh and laugh at this guy and tell him to not bother calling us again. hahahaha.... oh, this thread is getting interesting!
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123