Thread: Which air conditioning unit should I choose?

Post Likes

Confused Which air conditioning unit should I choose?

We need to put in a new air conditioning unit and have narrowed it down between a Trane XL 15i and a Lennox XC 14. The Lennox is 250 cheaper but the Trane includes 12 year parts and labour, while the Lennox includes 10 yr parts only. Both are reputable people in our community. Thanks for the advise!

Post Likes
    Higher SEER, better product, and better warranty when it will likely break is enough for me to pay $250 more

Post Likes
    $250.00 extra for a 12 year parts warrranty over a 10 year parts warranty and 12 years of labor vs. probably only 1 year of labor, that's a no brainer. Go with the Trane. If you like both companies and aren't swayed one way or the other, get the extra warranty. $250 is a drop in the bucket compared to what it may cost to have a compressor replaced in 10 years.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkitout View Post
    We need to put in a new air conditioning unit and have narrowed it down between a Trane XL 15i and a Lennox XC 14. The Lennox is 250 cheaper but the Trane includes 12 year parts and labour, while the Lennox includes 10 yr parts only. Both are reputable people in our community. Thanks for the advise!
    Reputable "people" or did you mean company? A 12 year warranty is only good if the company is still in business 12 years from now.

Post Likes
    Confirm that Trane's warranty is with Trane extended warranty department, not the contractor. If so, then any Trane or American Standard dealer can protect you. If the dealer's doings, it is as good as the dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in