Thread: Return

I live in a 1500 square ft ranch home Does it matter where the cold air return is located.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    If there's only one ,it should be in a location the is "open" to most of the home,so doorways don't prevent return air from getting to it.

If by location you high or low wall,ceiling or floor,it's not going to have much effect regardless of which one you choose.

like dash said, if one return we like to locate them in central location of home,....supply on outside perimeter and generally if supply vents in floor then return in ceiling or vice-versa to help with pulling conditioned air across living space...

Exclamation C or W Return

Originally posted by emerybean
    Does it matter where the cold air return is located?
    ALL Returns that I am aware of
    are for Warm ( Room Temp) Air ...
    Cold ( Supply ) Air is
    usually about 56 to 61'F
    or 16 to 21'F less than the room temperature.

Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Naw...this guy probably lives on the North coast of Alaska and is still heating the house in July, so the return air is the cold side...

Exclamation Right

Originally posted by dx
    Naw...this guy probably lives on the North coast of Alaska and is still heating the house in July, so the return air is the cold side...
    L O L
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities