Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Master reset on a Honeywell webstat

We recently installed and configured a honeywell webstat which was working perfectly and could be accessed without issues on the LAN side. The customers' IT department was trying to get access to it over the WAN and ran into issues. In one of their attempts to figure it out, we think that they may have changed the ip address or subnet mask and now were completely locked out of the WebStat.

Is there a way to do a master reset on the webstat without using the serial system shell? we don't have a computer available with a RS-232 port.

Thanks,

all i can find is a password reset, not a system restore, so to speak...
    When it is said that BacNet is a better protocol than LonWorks, I die a little more inside.
    ~knottyjabe

If it uses a static IP address, then when it is running it will send out messages from its static address.

So plug it into a hub (not a router) and plug your computer into the hub as well. Launch wireshark, power up the router and read its IP address from the packets it sends.

Thanks BACnet. I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by camacho View Post
    We recently installed and configured a honeywell webstat which was working perfectly and could be accessed without issues on the LAN side. The customers' IT department was trying to get access to it over the WAN and ran into issues. In one of their attempts to figure it out, we think that they may have changed the ip address or subnet mask and now were completely locked out of the WebStat.

Is there a way to do a master reset on the webstat without using the serial system shell? we don't have a computer available with a RS-232 port.

Thanks,
    use a usb to serial adaptor with a null modem serial cable to the webstat
    or you can use a program called filezilla ant ftp into the webstat and restart it

bacnets idea will not work

BACnet knows what he's talking about, TCP/IP basics.
    The WEBstat is a JACE-2, so yes, a null modem cable and hyperterminal will get you serial shell access where you can reset all of your IP settings.

In order to FTP in, you need a couple of things: a) the service must be enabled, b) you need to know the ip address.
    FTP is for transferring files, not restarting the platform. That's done on another port entirely (default 3011).

The issue here is that the ip and/or subnet mask were changed, so he can't get in at the previously known ip.

Another utility that has been talked about numerous time here is Colasoft's MAC scanner.

I used an available computer with a RS-232 port and was able to get serial shell access to the WEBstat. During the boot sequence the TCP/IP network status was displayed and the netmask was displayed as 0xc0a80101 which is translated into 192.168.1.1. So it seems that they entered the Gateway address as the Subnet mask.

Now the problem i've ran into is I cant login into the system shell menu using the default login in credentials to change it. Does anyone know the which credentials it's looking for? The default Username SysAdmin and Password !Sys!Admin arent working.

Thanks for all your help so far.

During boot up while in serial shell access mode there should be a prompt to reset the platform credentials to the factory default. I'm assuming you set the jumper for serial shell access.

Ouch, that's quite a pickle!

I didn't know that they allowed netmask fields to take values other than 0 or 255. That last "1" is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post

I didn't know that they allowed netmask fields to take values other than 0 or 255. That last "1" is painful.
    I think starting in AX 3.5 they do some sanity checks on those... ouch indeed

Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    During boot up while in serial shell access mode there should be a prompt to reset the platform credentials to the factory default. I'm assuming you set the jumper for serial shell access.
    I saw the prompt to reset the credentials to the factory default, but i still dont know what the default credentials are. They were never changed on the initial setup. I also tried tridium and niagara. didnt work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post

I didn't think so either. You cant even change the mask those incorrect values in the TCP/IP settings on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by camacho View Post
    I saw the prompt to reset the credentials to the factory default, but i still dont know what the default credentials are. They were never changed on the initial setup. I also tried tridium and niagara. didnt work either.

I didn't think so either. You cant even change the mask those incorrect values in the TCP/IP settings on the PC.
    Did you try honeywell/webs?

Although I'm not sure what the webstats would be set to, are they considered WEBS or Comforpoint brand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast