Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So typically in this application the settings that I have implemented are peachy keen and fine as frog hair?
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

I was told you don't need to limit the PID output as anything above 100% won't drive the output past 100%. Did you try a different DO?
    I too would have gone with an analog, isn't the EPC cheaper?

Let me guess, 3 AOs on a spyder aren't enough for any app? LOL

econ, chw, hw, SF VFD... wait, we're already out of AO's...

Quote Originally Posted by smokeout View Post
    Obrigado o meu amigo....

You heading to Momentum this year?
    You're welcome, and no, I don't think I'll be going.

Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    I was told you don't need to limit the PID output as anything above 100% won't drive the output past 100%. Did you try a different DO?
    I too would have gone with an analog, isn't the EPC cheaper?

Let me guess, 3 AOs on a spyder aren't enough for any app? LOL

econ, chw, hw, SF VFD... wait, we're already out of AO's...
    Yeah, I know. But, it seemed to work. I was scared to touch it after it was working...99 or 199 would have prolly worked the same I dunno. I had multiple DO's mimicking the prob.

EPC's were more spensive and point count was an issue. Might have been cheaper in as far as these have been a pain in the neck....
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

I recall this same problem on an antique Andover system about 15 years ago. Don't know the words you are using but the electronic to pneumatic pulsed transducer needs the signal sent to it every few seconds. about 10 to 30 as I recall, otherwise it just 'forgets' the signal and goes wide open or shut. So your software must repeat your output signal before the transducer forgets the input signal. Gotta read the little papers that come with the transducers. Good Luck,
    D'Laine

2 things......

#1-I hate little papers. Go big or go home....

#2-Reading is for losers.

Hehehe, the little papers just said how to change settings, not what settings to use. That's the issue. I had no clue what 25.5 sec meant in the grand scheme of the operation of the actuator. I have a better understanding of it now and think that 25.5 would be the same as 10 it would just take longer for the valve to achieve desired position.

Thanks.

Stupid lil papers should be more intuitive and tell ME exactly what do all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12