Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    115

    Andover Controls circa 1990's Password

    Hi everyone, I have a site with mid-90's Andover controls system consisting of 8 LCX800 style controllers. There is a supervory a controller which my customer uses hyperterminal to access. I did not get the numbers off of it.
    The question is did Andover have a default administrator password that was built in? My customer only has a basic access password that allows access to view a few alarms and temps. They need to be able to adjust soem setpoints to accomodate the seasonal changes. It is of course a school and this system has not been serviced in quite some time.
    There is no info on site and I am hoping to gain the ability to adjust these setpoints and limp them through until an upgrade begins before the next school year.
    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2

    Yes there was a default Password

    But I forget what is was.

    The integrator could disable the default password, rendering it unusable. This was standard practice among most integrators.

    The fact that you client was given a low level password is an indication that the integrator paid attention to the password set-up and most likely disabled the default.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Froz'ninWpg View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a site with mid-90's Andover controls system consisting of 8 LCX800 style controllers. There is a supervory a controller which my customer uses hyperterminal to access. I did not get the numbers off of it.
    The question is did Andover have a default administrator password that was built in? My customer only has a basic access password that allows access to view a few alarms and temps. They need to be able to adjust soem setpoints to accomodate the seasonal changes. It is of course a school and this system has not been serviced in quite some time.
    There is no info on site and I am hoping to gain the ability to adjust these setpoints and limp them through until an upgrade begins before the next school year.
    Thanks for the help.
    If it is a CMX220 I have a manual that lists the default password. Its at the jobsite so I will not be able to access it until Monday. It is likely that it has been changed during the original install. The owners of this bldg requested a admin level password in writing from the original installer and they provided it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    62
    try santa or froboz

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    115
    Got on-site today and here are the numbers I pulled off of it.
    Infinity CMX with code 05-1000-624BCMX220-22.

    Thanks for the help.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Froz'ninWpg View Post
    Got on-site today and here are the numbers I pulled off of it.
    Infinity CMX with code 05-1000-624BCMX220-22.

    Thanks for the help.
    That would be a CMX220. The default admin username is ACC password is either blank or ACC as well.

    You may have to type the word WINDOW in order to get the login prompt.
    Or alternately COMMAND for a non windowing terminal program.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    115
    Bob, thanks for the password but it did not work. The custodian at the school mentioned that a few years ago they had "someone" on site looking the system using the custodians password. This person then went into "a different area" and entered a password to gain access.

    After loginm is there another area to go to that you can enter a password to gain "admin" rights?

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Froz'ninWpg View Post
    Bob, thanks for the password but it did not work. The custodian at the school mentioned that a few years ago they had "someone" on site looking the system using the custodians password. This person then went into "a different area" and entered a password to gain access.

    After loginm is there another area to go to that you can enter a password to gain "admin" rights?

    Thanks.
    When you login you are assigned what ever level of access is appropriate to your name / password as assigned in the initial setup or edited later. If you try to do something that requires a higher level of access it will prompt you for a new login or you can logout and log back in. If the admin level passwords are not default then you have two options. The first is go to whoever installed the system and ask for the admin access login. Usually this will have to come from the owner of the system. The second is to completely dump the program and reprogram from scratch or reload from a backup. If you do not have the ability to at least see the existing internal plain english programs then this is not a good idea. (So you could re-enter them) Try view programs and see if you can open one.

    When you view points can you open the point to force it on or off? You have no ability to change setpoints?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    115
    The only thing we can see in the system are temperatures and status points. No commands, no setpoints. Not the proper way to setup a system in my mind. The company that installed this system is no longer around and the current crop of distributers is not much help. They are more interested in selling and installing systems then servicing. I am hoping to get them through the change of seasons so they can adjust a few setpoints instead of making mechaincal/pneumatic changes to the system to get them through.
    I am not that familiar with these systems as I have spent the last 12 years on JCI products.
    Thanks for the help so far. Looks as though they may be down the upgrade road faster then they hoped.
    Enjoy the weekend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event