Tonite and every other night the last thing I do is turn in my daily time in the office.

OAT at 11:00 was still in the 90's daily high was 101
    temp inside the building was in the high 90's and the temp in the office was a cool 80 degrees

I go to turn my card in the rack and noticed a Glue trap on the floor. (the kind you would put down for mice)
    there was a baby rattler stuck in the trap

I dont know how or when he got in there, but he damn sure did...and I hope he left his mother far behind.

Smile Funny you should bring this topic up ct2

Don't worry about Mom. I ran over her with the car Sunday night coming home from an evening with the wife. She was about 5' long. Both of them. I was telling one of the "brothers" at work last night about running over the snake. He said that when he drives over a snake, he is steady watching his rear view mirror just to make sure the snake didn't wrap up around an axle or something. He said that he did not see anything in the mirrow he would just keep driving until he did! I thought that was kind of funny. Roy

Exclamation Also,

Snakes in an office or house, that is recipe for civil unrest among most people. What do you do if you know there is a snake in your house, and you can't find it?

Re: Also,

Originally posted by oroy54
    Snakes in an office or house, that is recipe for civil unrest among most people. What do you do if you know there is a snake in your house, and you can't find it?
    Hide behind the couch and make noises like a mongoose?*

*(don't get many snakes in VT )

What do you do if you know there is a snake in your house, and you can't find it?

Glue trap or not , if I knew that snake was in there, my time sheet would have been taped to the door

my helper and I just killed one this morning...5 ft. about big around as my arm..looked like 6 rattelers...damn scary thing...not far from the condenser..almost pissed my pants when I saw him...only good snake is a dead one IMO..wish I had my camera

Here we go again. The animal lovers are gonna attack soon you murderers. I heard rattle snake tastes like chicken. Whens that damn festival down there in Texas??

kill em all

Rattlesnakes are great pets. I have three rattlesnake dens on my property in South Dakota. Prairie rattlesnakes. I killed many before I captured several.

Ended up with one I kept for over 3-years in a glass cage in my living room. It made for interesting conversation when we had visitors. Occasionally took it out to clean the cage and fool with it on the front lawn before putting it back in the house again.

My kids learned a great deal and my wife actually got to like having it around. They are no problem if you know how to work with them.

Norm

Smile mattm

You must be talking about the Rattlesnake Roundup in Freer, Texas. Freer is 100 miles south of here. It was held the last part of April, 1st of May. I didn't miss anything. Hundreds of rattlesnakes. I'll eat chicken for now. Another 100 miles south of Freer is Laredo, the border of Mexico. If God was to give South Texas an enema, right there is where he would stick it in. Roy

We were jet skiing over the weekend and stopped at a private Island here that is one of my accounts. National Geographic has filmed some of the rattle snakes on this Island. A couple of years back on a cool day my wife and I had jet skied and stopped on the beach there and was walking in the dunes when a gigantic rattle snake rattled at me and my foot was about to step on him. My wife that was walking behind me said I instantly went straight up in the air and somehow landed way over there. I sated out of the dunes last weekend.

Hmm Just thinking

If there was a snake in your house. How about dusting the whole house with baby powder? Leaving tracks. ~~~~~~:

Was on a motorcycle trip into Arizona... my french girl friend was frightend by anything that isn't human or domestic by way of living creatures. We set up a tent in Flagstaff... Cracked my first beer, and sweety was laying out the sleeping bags... A snake of sorts as reported to me by her frightened squeal (complete with adoring french accent at a million descible rating) Shook ees fist at me like 'e was goona bite me!!!!

I'm guessing once he, the snake, heard her screaming loud enough to vibrate the paint job off of a car... ran across the desert on it's hind legs like an Australian Lizard!!!
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.