A/C JUST NOT CUTTING IT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused

i have a home that is 2900 sq.ft. split level. i had a janitrol 2 ton air conditioner instaled about 2 mo. ago its now upper 80s out side and 85 in. its ran all day. should it do beter than that or am i reaching?

Why inquire on here? Call the original installer and have him check it out.
    "Go big or Go Home"

portlander....

you should do better than that
    2 ton a/c for 2900 sq ft does not sound big enough
    we have 2 story 2850 sq ft and have 3 1/2 ton....could have gone 4 ton
    as black Adder said, you need to call installer

Sizing ...

Originally posted by portlander654321
    i have a home that is 2900 sq.ft. split level. i had a janitrol 2 ton air conditioner instaled about 2 mo. ago its now upper 80s out side and 85 in. its ran all day. should it do beter than that or am i reaching?
    You likely need 4 ( 2 + 2 ) or 5-ton ( 2 + 3).
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

click the bulls eye at the top of page size your home to see what size system you need

it will cost you around $50 i think but then you will not be guessing

A properly installed 2-ton system may be adequate for a 2,900 SF split level. It depends on a lot of factors. A $49 investment in HVAC-Calc and a little work on your part will tell you if your system is of adequate size.

Confused

the contractor said that this is as big as thay come and still b for a residnce, other equipment would be comercial, would have to be special order and cost 2 to 3 times as much, and wouldnt realy be cooler in the house.he also said he would give me a good price on this on because it been at the shop for some time waiting to go in. i wont say the price of the job but its less than the comercial units. i wonder if i should have taken my check book to home depo and got a window unit instaid. i just want to sleep at night and the window unit should do that right?

Lightbulb

i think maybe you should of got a couple of estimates ? i'm curious why you wouldn't ? i hear from a lot people that say they got taken or were mislead why not get another oppinion. instead of running with the first bid that comes your way why not investigate the price,contractor and then the equipment ??? just curious ..

i called the instaler and he said no a/c will beat this one. its top of the line. is this used car sales man talk or the real deal.

Originally posted by centralflinstaller
    i think maybe you should of got a couple of estimates ? i'm curious why you wouldn't ? i hear from a lot people that say they got taken or were mislead why not get another oppinion. instead of running with the first bid that comes your way why not investigate the price,contractor and then the equipment ??? just curious ..
    my realator refered him to me.

Get rasputin , er, rasmussen, to fix it. Or the install guy that put it in.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Originally posted by Panama
    A properly installed 2-ton system may be adequate for a 2,900 SF split level.
    In Northern Alaska...... maybe

the contractor said that this is as big as thay come and still b for a residnce, other equipment would be comercial
    If you really have a 2 ton, then this is total BS, residential units are made into the 5-6 ton range, post the model numbers of your equipment if possible.

i called the instaler and he said no a/c will beat this one. its top of the line. is this used car sales man talk or the real deal.
    Nothing wrong with Janitrol (Goodman), like any other brand they will serve you well if installed properly, I wouldnt give them "top of the line" status though, car salesman talk indeed.

Exclamation Time to Move ON

the contractor said that this is as big as thay come and still b for a residnce, other equipment would be comercial, ...
    I sure would hope that the contractor actually meant 5-Ton. ... In either case, GO on to AnOther A/C firm.

Semd me your floor plan + Window Schedule
    and I'll size the unit per Manual J.
    racingdan11 at comcast.net
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast