Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wine

Any of you guys brew your own spirits?? An electrician friend of mine gave me a recipe for home made wine and claims it's the ****. I just mixed 2 gallons. One is passion fruit and the other is white, guess I'll find out in 10 weeks how it is.

I knew of a guy in high school who used to make his own wine. It was pretty good...I think.

I did a google search and came up with this homemade recipe.

Pruno.
    Get back to work.™

I think mine will be slightly better than katchup wine. Also mine looks a little easier to make.

Yeah really...that pruno looks tough. I guess that's what it takes in there. I saw an episode of Reno 911 where the cop was showing some kids from an elementarty school trip how the inmates make wine. Funny stuff.

What's the recipe...maybe I'll try. Sometimes I run out of beers and I'm left standing with nothing.

Get back to work.™

I'll type it out tomorrow. To lazy right now. The hardest part is aquiring the glass gallon jugs, I picked up a couple at the local flea market.

I've been making my own wine for about the last 3 years or so.
    You learn from experience which ones you like and those you don't. I do primarily fruit wines ---strawberry,raspberry and last couple of years apricot---thats my favorite. Just set a batch day before yesterday. It's fun---- as each batch is different. I like sweet wines,thats why I started doing my own.

I made six different kegs of beer before... and both got you drunk, hung-over and sicker than a dog yakking up rotten squirrel ****e!!!

It was right up there with yeast infection! Bllllaaahhhhhggg.....

Ok... after the first seventy one sips... it tasted better... but so would baby-**** shooters by then.

I never tried wine... but with my luck... I'd be busted for trying to manufacture genetically harmful substances... Best to stick with using the ATM card to "make my wine" at the vendors.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

always wished I would be able to make a wine that tastes as good as the apple barns strawberry or rasberry wine. That was my favorate when I was living close enough to pick some up....not willing to pay the shipping on it now tho...thats why I wish I could make it myself.

We brew beer and have a keg system in a basement fridge. I get compliments on it, if your beer tasted that bad you did something wrong. I have two beers on tap now (trappist wheat and a porter) and one in the fermenter (san francisco lager) with a capacity of 6 taps.

In the prisons I worked at the inmates would make "Buck" (also has hundreds of other slang names)....take fruit...yeast and sugar......let it ferment in a trash bags for a week or so....more sugar and more yeast made it stronger...smelled pretty rank.... I guess if your trying for a nice wine to serve to that one family member everyone has that just got out of prison this would work for you

Not all sugars are fermentable.

How do you know which sugars are or are not fermintable ??

Wine Recipe

Ingredients for 1 gal. (4 liters)

2-12 oz cans of frozen concentrate. (Any flavor works. grape, apple, tropical fruit, passion fruit. Just use good juice like Welch's or Seneca.)

1-7 gram bag of dry yeast. (I prefer "Red Star" all natural active dry yeast) it gives you a bigger baloon faster. But Fleischmans dry yeast makes just as potent mix.

3 or 4 cups of sugar. (Depending on how sweet you like your wine.) Mix 1.5 or 2 cups of sugar with each can of concentrate.

1-14" helium quality baloon. If your baloon isn't big enough it may bust.

Making Wine.

1- Mix up 1 can of concentrate and sugar (according o package directions) & pour into your jug.

2- Preheat 2 oz of water to 105Ί - 115Ί F for your yeast. When the temp is right, dissolve 1-tsp of sugar in the water & then add the yeast bag (7 grams). Let it dissolve & keep mixing while you mix up your 2nd can of concentrate and sugar (according to package directions).

3- When the yeast is dissolved (starting to foam up) pour it into the jug, then the 2nd can of juice.

4- Clean out your jug and measuring cup by filling the jug up to the bottom of the ring handle (leave a little breathing room in the jug cause it will foam up)

5- Shake it up good (after you put the cap on stupid)

6- Remove the cap and put the baloon on top.

7- Leave it sit up-right for 6-9 weeks. After 3-4 weeks the active yeast wont be bubbling anymore. The wine is probably ready after 2 months but I've always let it sit for 4 weeks after taking the baloon of at 8-10 weeks.

Serving Your Wine

Funnel into a clean container slowly so that the sediment in the bottom of the jug doesn't go into the clean container. Empty appox 1/2 the jug and then recap and lay on its side for 3-7 days so that the sediment can settle to the side of the jug. Now you can remove about 97 1/2% of the original good product, without having to drink the ****ty sediment. Which you can just flush away. Use the jugs and baloons over after flushing and drying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast