RTH8500D Turn off Backlight

I read the rules on the forum a couple of times and in theory this doesn't fall into the DIY rule. If it does then feel free to delete this post, and I apologize for the time I wasted.

I have a Honeywell RTH8500D thermostat, and I was wondering if there is an easy way to turn off the light that is on all the time? It has a nice green glow that stays on all night long.

I read through the manual, and I did not see any options for disabling the back light.

If there isn't a simple way to disable the light that stays on all the time;
    Where are the sensors located at on the thermostat? And would it be a bad thing if I came up with a make shift cover to block out the screen?
    If I build a cover I want to make sure that I don't cover up the sensors, or impede the function of the thermostat.

The code is in the installers handbook. Probably best to stay out of the advanced configuration.
    Call your installer and ask if they'll walk you through it over the phone.
    Depending on your system, you could easily change a setting, and cause severe damage.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

I like the backlight on 24/7. Besides, it's low intensity.

Okay, so I tried this at work today and it worked.

So I just changed the setting at home, and it worked too.
    I had the installers guide buried in a drawer, and did not realize that the online copy wouldn't have that info. Took me longer to find the guide then it did to make the change.
    I decided to make the change at work, so that the facility guy could watch over, I mostly programmed that stat anyways.

We had recently rearranged our bedroom, which put our bed at the perfect angle where the thermostat was shining right on our heads, and the cat kept pushing the door open. We have had the stat for quite sometime, and I really liked the backlight, as it provided enough light for me to navigate the hallway.

Thank you for your help in this matter.