For the last couple of months I have noticed "shimmy" or vibration in the floor around my closet that houses my furnace/air conditioner. The vibration resonates throughout the upstairs bedrooms and even rattles the windows downstairs. Had a/c company that did the install out yesterday to check it out. He told me that the blower wheel could be out of balance and need replacing. Does this seem right for a unit that is less than 2 yrs old? The blower is under warranty but of course I have to pay the labor. It is a Carrier 58STA 5 ton furnace w/ matching 5 ton a/c coil.

Thanks for any input!

have seen this on many different units. seems like blower must just throw balancing weight or something. larger blowers do seem more prone to it, size of wheel just makes it more noticable.

yes it does sound like it could be possible

ask them if you have to pay if it dosnt fix the problem

I do not charge my customers for parts if they dont need them

Those were my thoughts exactly...If it is not the wheel and the furnace housing itself is somehow off balance then I would expect them not to charge me. Thanks for the help guys!

call and have it looked at even if you wind up baying for the labor. in the long run i will ware out blower motor and damage other things in the unit
    may be a simple fix. like a piece of paper caught in the wheel.
    make the call