Relocating Condenser
    My AC service company owner suggested not moving my unit per my inquiry due to the fact that it is so old, and he said it could be wasted money if the unit required replacement soon. So, since I offered for him to do it, I hope this is not a "DIY Rule Violation".

Bottom line, its noisy. I want to move it. I would ask the service tech to remove the freon. I would then route new power lines and the two copper freon lines to the new location, reconnect, and call the service tech back out to re-charge the system. Is there anything more complicated than this to accomplishing this move? Also, what is an accepted reconnect method on the copper? Flare, Compression, or soldered connection?

Thanks for any help, and again, no intention to break DIY rule under this circumstance.

Dave T.

You would need some tools to do this. Possibly recovery equipment if the old unit didn't have working valves. You'd need a vacuum pump & micron gauge after you relocate the unit.

If the thing is old, might be wise to replace and move at the same time.

Thank you, My intention was to call my service tech in to pull a vacuum and recharge with appropriate amount of freon. He has the gauges to do this.

As far as my re-connection question on the new copper lines, should that be done with flare fittings, compression fittings, or sweat in soldered copper fittings?

Line set should be brazed