+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAC Jace and a BellyUp Contractor

Post Likes

TAC Jace and a BellyUp Contractor

Hopefully someone can help! I have an older TAC UNC jace that a contractor installed in '06. I have inherited this site due to the contractor going under. I have a back-up copy of the database but it is not in the same format of any of my other JACE databases. The only common theme is a config database file. Is this R2? I am not familiar with that version. Is there any way to convert this. The system level password is gone and the only access is with the web interface and a user level password. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Post Likes
    Look up the model # for that JACE and see if it is possible to reset the administrative password by using serial shell, if it is an R2 JACE you will need the right version of the software. To connect andake Amy programming changes: I can't remember if TAC had any license restrictions on there branded JACE's

Post Likes
    If it's a UNC then it's R2. The config file is the backup of the station on the UNC, it does not include the images, etc. that may have been added, the db file is the file that will let you run the database on on your laptop, it is the same as the cfg just converted, you can convert either to an xml file with R2.

There is no conversion that I am aware of to convert it to AX. The customer can probably send the DB to TAC and have the password unlocked but if you have no experience with R2 it isn't going to do you much good as you will need R2 on your laptop in order to access it, R2 is a lot different than AX.

If you want to find out what rev of R2 it is running, go to your browser address bar and type in

http://localhost/prism

Where localhost will need to be the IP address of the UNC.

If you want to send it to me I will take a look at the password thing, I can usually get past it.

Post Likes
    Thanks mikeSands02, I thought R2 was different but I did not realize how different. Do you know of a good way to intergrate this JACE into a JCI FX60 Platform? I have a 60 in place doing another part of the building that was just installed . Is that a possibility? It would be great if you could help with the access. How do i get a hold of you?

Post Likes
    You could just replace the UNC with a JACE-6 but would still need the programming software for the field devices. If you have that then you could reverse engineer the SOO for the equipment. Still a lot of programming ahead to get it on AX but doable. Helps if you already have templates designed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynawiderider View Post
    Thanks mikeSands02, I thought R2 was different but I did not realize how different. Do you know of a good way to intergrate this JACE into a JCI FX60 Platform? I have a 60 in place doing another part of the building that was just installed . Is that a possibility? It would be great if you could help with the access. How do i get a hold of you?
    I'll send you a PM with e-mail addy, just send the files that you have.

Post Likes
    Oh how convenient this place is, no PM's, and I thought I was out of kindergarten, just add aol to my name .

Post Likes
    PM's come w/Pro Membership
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in