Thread: Lon/Siemens

Lon/Siemens

I have a boiler that has Allen Bradley PLC with approximately 850 points and is going to integrate to our New Siemens BAS system. We we were told the driver can only support 250 points per integrated controller, is this typical for maximum points supported by a Lon controller?

There are controllers I deal with that can only support 250 total SNVTs, but there are controllers out there that can support much more.

512 here
    1000 here

I know there are more, these are just a few I am aware of.

Are you sure your number is right? 850 points on a boiler seems excessive. Granted it may be the complete boiler system, with multiple zones/valves/pumps, etc. but still that's a lot of points.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

There are (4) boilers going into a Allen Bradley PLC then LON then to Siemens.

Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    1000 here
    Actually, minimum 2,000 variables according to the data sheet. But, this had been modded and the point count is going up. Really, all of them could have just over 4,000 variables. However, this is not practical as a single node to deal with. What happens is that you end up breaking up single devices into multiple "virtual" nodes. e.g. Like this