NEED AVDVICE

Thread: NEED AVDVICE

I SEEM TO NEED SOME INPUT ON THIS ONE.I WORK FOR A GOOD GUY (IT SEEMS LIKE IT ANYWAY)HE OWNES A SMALL COMPANY.INCLUDEING MYSELF 1 OTHER GUY.WE DO ANYWERE BETWEEN 2-4 FULL A/C AND OR FURNACE A/C PACKAGES.THE COMPANY HAS A GREAT REP.NOW WHEN I HIRED IN WE AGREED ON A CERTIAN WAGE.AND SO ON.SO WHEN I STARTED HE REDUCED IT BY 2 BUCKS.WELL I GOT 1 DOLLAR BACK SO FAR.BUT SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN RUNNING THIS COMPANY I DO EVERYTHING FROM SERVICE TO INSTALL TO ANSWERING THE PHONE.I HARDLEY GET ANY TIME OFF.HE SAID BY SUMMER I WOULD BE MAKING LIKE 18 TO 20 AN HOUR.I HAVE TALKED TO HIM AND IT SEEMS LIKE HE FILLS MY HEAD WITH EMPITY STUFF.ALL I MAKE IS 14 AN HOUR I HAVE THE ONLY UNIVERSAL E.P.A. AND PURON CERT. TOOK CLASSES ON MINI SPLIT SYSTEMS.SINE I WAS HIRED CALL BACK HAVE WENT FROM 2-3 A DAY TO MAYBE 1 A MONTH.I HAVE BEEN THERE 6 MONTHS AND MISSED NO DAYS AND WORKED ALL OVERTIME ASKED EVEN IN A 125 DEGREE ATTIC.I MEAN HOW DO YOU GET SOMEONE LIKE THAT TO GIVE UP A LITTLE.WE HAD A TOTAL OF 4 GUYS WHEN I STARTED THEN WHEN HE SEEN I BUST SOME BUTT.HE STARTED GETTING RID OF SOME THEN ONE LEFT.THE WORK LOAD STILL WHENT ON BUT ONE ME AND MY PARTNER,BUT MOSTLY ME.I DONT MEAN TO COMPLANE.I AM WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAD A SIMELIER THING HAPPEN HOW DID YOU HANDLE IT. THANKS

Please repost without yelling. Turn off the caps it just makes it hard to read.

I just got out of a similar situation, if your area is like mine there are many companies deperate for good help, especially this time of year, shop around and find a better situation for yourself, just be prepared for him to offer you the world when he finds out your leaving.

You have to work at selling yourself. I'm guessing that English is your only language but man do you murder it. "What does that have to do with anything?" you might ask.

English is the language we speak. I am also assuming that you are not able to express yourself to your boss very well. Get some help in this area. You will need good communication skills if you want to advance in any job.

Do you have a resume written up? If not get some help composing on. Get some experience and education. Don't be a job jumper. That looks bad on your resume.

I wouldn't give a guy 20 bucks an hour if he couldn't write a decent report on a job work order. Or if he wasn't able to talk to customers intelligently.

I like guys like him, that post makes me look like a literary super Man!
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

It might be that he is just paying you what he thinks you're worth.

Service guys usually do better than installers here in Michigan.

Absolutely Will... bennie nailed it head on. Communication is paramount. It's important, even.
    Learning the skills of this trade (and related trades - is very important) But good communications skills will win you the world!! We arent' talking about BS'ing the world... just learn awesome ways to speak to peers, customers, and even A'holes in the job.

As you build on your confidence, you'll also be able to better communicate with your boss, employer, or immediate supervisor in matters like wages, expectations in your job, and even simpler things like goofy problems with other workers in your shop.

Think first, then speak your mind. Be right when you make a grand statement. Listen when people talk to you. Care, when people open up their ideas, thoughts, heart to you... but be wise enough to know when you are being fed BS. Even with the promises of your Boss. Perform to your best ability... and be happy you did so... even if no-one else noticed... THEN you got the biz goin' on!!!

Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Thank's for the great insight.I have only been in the trade for 4 years.And I notice I get nervice when my boss and I talk about money.I know I have not even scrached the surface of this great trade.My partner just up and left the other day so my boss and I are talking more money and things over now.Since I'am the only guy left.

I still get nervous when talking about wages... But DO remember, now that your parnter is gone, and your boss may offer you more money.... Don't let him run you ragged with unrealistic demands, because now the work load will increase.... because it's only you and him doing the work now.

Be smart, be safe, and don't be a door mat. And most of all... good luck, and try to enjoy your work.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Originally posted by will104
    NOW WHEN I HIRED IN WE AGREED ON A CERTIAN WAGE.AND SO ON. SO WHEN I STARTED HE REDUCED IT BY 2 BUCKS.

Dude,

That's all I needed to hear. My @ss would have been gone so quick it would have made his head spin!

If he started from day #1 going back on his word, what did you expect to happen every other day?

Now, if he felt you misrepresented yourself or something, that might be a different story...

But still, this relationship was screwed from day #1.

I get nervice when my boss and I talk about money.

A lawyer once told me "I have no problem asking someone for money"

Is he better than you? You should have no problem either, it's your quality of life your discussing.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spotts
    [B]

A lawyer once told me "I have no problem asking someone for money"

Is he better than you? You should have no problem either, it's your quality of life your discussing.
    That damn Abraham Lincoln! He freed the slaves and now everyone wants to be paid for work.

will I will bet you he will bone you as soon as he hires another guy
    either he will claw back a buck or 2 or he won't come through with the promised raise.

This guys a tight arse and a schroundrel

the best thing you can do is learn on his dime and carefully seek out a better company to work for and when the time is right leave!
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains