Thread: quick calculation for you number people

Post Likes
    anybody want to ballpark this scenario for me?

year old house, 2900 sq ft, 9 ft ceiings, average double pane windows, good construction, two zone A/C (2 and 2.5 ton units - both 12-13 seer), 10 day period, avg hi temp was 89, avg low temp was 74, moderate to high humidity.

lower zone thermostat set at 65 deg F rather than 79 deg F. how much add'l energy used over the 10 day period by the lower zone? doesn't have to be $$, just kwH (or whatever the appropriate measure would be).

thanks

Post Likes
    NO

Post Likes
    I with DEC, but why would the lower zone stat be at 65??????

Post Likes
    as a stock holder at the local power co. i cant express how much i appreciate you doing this. every one should turn the tstat down to 65 or lower. i know when my a/c freeses up and just runs and runs non-stop the president always sends me a post card from the vacation i send him on. then when the service tech. comes out to charge me $85.00 per/hr. to melt ice. he allways seems to chuckel as i write the check. good times. so i say rip those tstats of the wall, jumper the a/c on permantly and patch over the hole in the wall.
    heheheheheeheheheheheheheeheheheheheheehehehehehee ct......

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    6% more in cooling cost/kwh,for every degree below 78°,per our local ultility.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in