Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Tech was there for 30 minutes. Worked for 3 it seemed. Just gauges and I had to ask him to hook them up. He say it was making a whinning sound. All the fans around here do that. I have been reading post tonight trying to find out information and apparantly the motors to the fan over the compressor dry out. Also no ice on any lines and one line feels cool and the other warm. Nice person but his back was hurting today.

could be bad valves, could alot of things sorry not much help
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Thank you KnipKnip

I purchased the home new and I was just trying to find out If I should pay for a new compressor. I am sorry Boss for breaking the rules but I am just trying to get some imforation. If I need a new one fine,but If I do not I am not going to be made a Chump. Thank You in advance for any information. Again Boss I am sorry for breaking the rules. I am reading other post trying to get information.

[Edited by lusker on 07-26-2005 at 07:33 AM]

Thanks Torino

He said the type of compressor that I have doesn't have valves, or that what i think he said.

Find a company that will diagnose your system... as you haven't had one yet!!!!!!!

Then try to give as much of this as possible...

Make Carrier
    C Model # 38cmc060300
    E Model # __
    Evap Metering Device __

SP 120 /T 69 ST __ SH __
    LP 235 /T 112 LT __ SC __
    AT 106 CT __ DT __
    RA __ SA __ DT __
    IWB __ IDB __
    Evap ST __ LT __
    Comp A __ Rated A __

Stat setting __

Thank You Jultzya

For some reason no one will give me any information except that it's serious. Maybe but it still cools 30 degrees from outside.

Re: Thank You Jultzya

Originally posted by michae52
    For some reason no one will give me any information except that it's serious. Maybe but it still cools 30 degrees from outside.
    106 down to 76????

What do you have your stat set at?

What was the call for?
    (was this a maintenance or a service call?)

Service call. Actually it cooled the inside of the house to 79. Sometime it goes to 82, but that's when it's 110 plus. Also he said it was a 5 ton unit. I don't know if that is good or bad. Thank you. One thing it's 94 outside right now and the ac is off at 78. The tiled areas of the house are cool,but the bedrooms are 4 to 5 degrees warmer. I guess that's from the carpet. I am just tried of my wife complaining that the bedrooms are hot, so that and a 286.00 electric bill started all this. My house is single level 2200 sq feet, with rocks all around it and plantation shutters. Windows are 5 years ols so the are not super low e.

Is the 110 degree temps normal for your area?

I live in PHX Az. It has gotten to 122 here. I know I am crazy,but it's a dry heat except in late July and August. It's over 100 maybe a third of the year.

I hear this heat wave isn't so DRY?

Julteya Thank you for the help. I know that you haven't see the unit, but do you think I need a new compressor? Actually, the unit is pretty quiet compare to some that I have heard. Just looking for an answer.

sorry Jultzya, not Julteya

Sorry about the name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast