Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Ambient temp 106. Suction pressure 120 Head pressure 235. Do I need a new compressor? Hopefully this is a leagal question. Unit 5 years old.

you gotta move, 106 ambient way to friggin high.

Angry

you need to call a service tech. right now before we all get outsourced to india!! hurry time is running out! tick,tock
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

I got the numbers from a service tech from Hendels. He says I need a new compressor. I was just wanting so other peoples imput. I spent $79.00 for someone to hold up some gauges and say something is messed up here.

suction is high what was the heat load in your house at the time of reading? also "something is messed up" is pretty vague, what other info. did he give you??

[Edited by 1972torino on 07-25-2005 at 11:39 PM]
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

honest question
    from what you posted it would seem you valves bleading by
    time to look into a new unit
    have it checked out completly first

also are we dealing with a heat pump?

Thanks

Yes the comment that something is messed up seemed vagued to me as well. The unit is five years old and still under warranty. However, it is a limited warranty and will cost xxx.xx to install the new compressor. He also stated that the accurator piston could have problems and that would be extra money. If Carrier warrants the compressor fpr 10 years and the rest of the unit for 5 why do I have to pay. The unit will not be % years old untill next month. It cools, but my electric bill was almost 300.00 which is more than it has been in the past. Just looking for a straight answer. In PHX whereone is selling and not wanting to do any fixing?

OK,so is this a heatpump or straight ac??

also not a heat pump. a carrier 38cmc060300

Sorry for the typing mistakes,but I have had two different tech/sales persons out here and cannot get anything done. Maybe it's not broke, just hot, but it seems that the unit is running 16 hrs a day. Temps are 90 at night 110 plus during the day. Thank Torino 72. My first car was a 69 Torino GT with a 428 C6

How long was the tech there?

And what all did he do?

Did your condensor look like it was attached to a heart machine?

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by michae52
    If Carrier warrants the compressor for 10 years and the rest of the unit for 5 why do I have to pay?
    The reason you have to pay is because it is a LIMITED WARRANTY. That means the part (the compressor) is only covered. No labor, refrigerant, capacitors, start kits, driers, recovery, evacuation. Only the compressor itself. That is why 10 yr. Parts AND Labor warranties are a good thing to have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast