wastwater system and head psi

wastwater system and head psi

hey guys/gals...i new to this site but was told u could get good info here

So my question is.. I have a freezer that is on a wastwater system to cool the condser...and im wonder if there is a stander or rule of thumb on calculating the correct HP. the control valve has been messed with and im not sure if its being stavered for water....

If you have a water cooled condenser then you need to look at inlet and outlet water temps there should be about a 10 degree split.

Quote Originally Posted by kool3681 View Post
    hey guys/gals...i new to this site but was told u could get good info here

So my question is.. I have a freezer that is on a wastwater system to cool the condser...and im wonder if there is a stander or rule of thumb on calculating the correct HP. the control valve has been messed with and im not sure if its being stavered for water....
    I usually look for 105F sat cond. temp (converted from head pressure for type of refrigerant)
    Last edited by bc guy; 05-22-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffic1 View Post
    If you have a water cooled condenser then you need to look at inlet and outlet water temps there should be about a 10 degree split.
    If that condenser is fouled, @10* something would be tripping out.

Also the city water would be around 50*,and as your calculation you would have 60* (10*TD) on the outlet, what would your high side pressure be? And would it be high enough to create the appropriate pressure differential across the metering device with the proper refrigerant charge?

Quote Originally Posted by bc guy View Post
    I usually look for 105F sat cond. temp (converted from head pressure for type of refrigerant)
    Yep, 105* for the proper charge and operations