Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head scratcher

Post Likes

Hmm

help install a 3 ton unit 87 degree outside which gave me my 265 lbs head pressure FLA 14.7 measure 13.5 inside temp 90 with dischage 71 got a call today she said by the therometers we left there for her to read room temp(which is by the return) 85 degrees discharge closes to the furance 68 degrees. Will be putting gauges on it when it stop raining here
    Goodman condenser unit with a Goodman 3ton a fram coil.
    Any idea buddy is at a lost and just left on vaction and drop it my lap. 1st year tech.

Post Likes
    need more info. how big is house, subcooling, superheat, suction pressure, txv?,

Post Likes
    Probably need to wait on buddy.

Post Likes

Talking i agree with dexman

lol
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    Please slow down and do SPELL CHECK !

I JUST LEARNED HOW TO SPELL A/C TODAY

Post Likes

not sure

was that "tonto" or "jar-jar binks" ??
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    he said it was a head scratcher

Post Likes

more imformation

Ok sorry about the spell check thing being a tech noone is looking at your spelling just able to understande it. Well I just got a hold of my buddy and he thinks that it a bad compressor(compressor valves). The first day we install had 17 degree spread 90 degree room temp and a 73 degree discharge from the closes vent to the blower. She call the 2nd day being too hot still I check it out 15 deg spread 84 room temp 69 discharge today I went over 80 room temp 67 discharge which is 13 degree outside temp avg 95 deg. Suction pressure is between 80 to 72. Clean the blower and check the fan speed(which it was running on high). He will not be back off vaction until Saturday. I do not install these things all the time (1st year tech) how often these are bad from the start. How I got involve I work with this guy and he said want some extra cash help him with this job and if there trouble check it out now I feel responseable for it. He want me to pull out the old ref. vac. it out for a couple a hours then put fresh ref. just in some case that something got into the system. By that time he will be back and then if that does not work we will install a new condenser unit.

Post Likes
    Sounds like Buddy needs to call a PRO...lol
    Licensing laws are tough, and it's about time.

Post Likes

Re: more imformation

Originally posted by mtumeo
    how often these are bad from the start.
    Very unlikely!

By that time he will be back and then if that does not work we will install a new condenser unit.
    How nice, install a new one... with no real facts as to why!?

Post Likes

Wow you are so far off I don’t know where to start

You guys installed it how deep of a vacuum did you pull?

What is your superheat?

Pull out refrigerant and put new in just in case????
    Maybe bad compressor??????
    You are only measuring the "split" nothing else
    What did manual j say you needed??????
    How do you know the blower should be on high???
    Wtf like I said I don’t know where to start

Man no offence but you guys need to stay away from this stuff until you learn how to do it

And as far as a tech not needing to know how to spell well that’s just plain crazy
    Yes people do need to be able to make it out and I am not as good at spelling as I would like to be but there is spell check and dictionaries

NOW DO NOT GO AND GET ALL PISSED OFF BECAUSE YOU ARE A HACK
    STICK AROUND AND LEARN THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO DO IT

Post Likes

Hmm ??

"pull vac incase 'something' got into the system! like what? rabid bull elephant? please go to a local supply house and get some ref. books! information is a good thing, no need to be "askairt" of that book learnin

Post Likes
    first how do i use spell check on this dam thing
    next i completely agree with dhvac. you have already learn your first lesson side jobs if you cant fix it dont install it. make you look bad and everyone else in the trade to. stick arround you will learn a lot here and all these guy and girls will help you. leave the side jobs alone till you learn more you will be better off in the long run trust me on that. i learned it the hard way also

Post Likes
    Suction pressure between 80 and 72?

As in the needle keeps moving, or it was some where between and you don't remmember what it was.

Type of metering device
    indoor wetbulb, and dry
    outdoor drybulb
    suction line pressure and temp
    liquid line pressure and temp
    mod and serial numbers.
    air flow?
    coil delta
    compressor amp draw
    was a vacuum pulled when you installed it
    how long is the line set
    how much gas did you put in

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    first how do i use spell check on this dam thing

i type in word or works spell check it then paste to the reply box

i dont spell check everything but sometimes you just gotta do it

Post Likes
    Well I got my ass knock off and hand back to me. I will use spell check next time so you guys can calm down. We pull a vacuum to 28inch of mercury. Now you ask me of superheat I gave you all the readings house temp, out side temp, discharge temp, return air temp, head pressure suction pressures. Then you ask why the blower has to be running on high well the a coil need a nom. 1200 cfm. to work right, how did I got this took a amp reading from the blower wires red in my case was high lead. It a Goodman match system at 3 ton the house is in Ohio with 2250 sq feet I know it a little under but that all the lady could afford. By the way I took only 50 bucks to help. This help keep her cost down total cost to her with everything was 1200 ( I saw the bill and it my buddy family) not $2500 (cheapest quotes) she was quote from one of you pros I went through a 2 year program at a state college for H.V.AC. and been 15 year at my job as a prevented maintenance person and the last 2 years training in Commercial AC. I talk to couple of my coworkers and everyone has an ideas but no answer... When I went through school one of my teacher said that in this field the pros help out the newbie more than any other field I do not see it here.

Post Likes
    i'd say the customer got their monies worth, unfortuetley you did not.

live and learn.

Post Likes

wild guess

Sounds like some electric heat is running above cooling coil. P.S. Red is low speed.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    You didn't answer if the pressure keeps moving on the low side.

You grammer is hard to follow.

Now you say you knowingly put in an undersized unit?

Your fla sounds high, almost over charged.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mtumeo
    When I went through school one of my teacher said that in this field the pros help out the newbie more than any other field I do not see it here.
    If you do not see it then you are too blind to look

No one has jumped your a$$ as bad as they could have

You need to learn some more there is no doubt about it and you can either get defensive and say we are not helping or actually listen and learn what you need to do the job right

Next 28" vacuum does not tell you that you have evacuated the system to a proper level

And you need to learn what superheat and sub cooling are and use them

Also as far as $2500 bid from the pros well I can only say there is a reason they charge so much
    It is because the system will work when they leave

Now if you think this is not trying to help you then you probably are beyond help
    If you want to learn then stick around if not good luck with the rest of your side jobs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in