Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: head scratcher

Talking

"I did do a leak check (with soap bubbles and putting 250 lbs nitro) after brazing with silver solder and mapp gas torch" this is the gift that keeps on giving
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Wow, I thought I got screwed when a side job went bad on me.
    For $50.00 measley dollars you helped this guy out.
    Do they pay you bananas where you work.

If the house is 2250 square feet. And you installed a 3 ton system. (1200 CFM) Isn't that 750 sq. ft per ton?

Im no service technician, but I don't see how its possible to stretch 1200 CFM's and expect it to cool a 2250 square foot house?

If it is possible can someone explain. I have heard of pushing heat calcs to 600 sq. ft a ton, but even if your using that Manual J heat Calc prog. Can you adequately cool a 750 Sq. Ft. of space with just 1 ton (400CFM)?

diegocentral.

Yes, you can cool more then 750 sq ft to the ton.

The insulation, and air tightness of the house, along with high quality windows allows this.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

mtumeo, think you should consider a career change.
    Dogs truly are man's best friend!!

No I did not get a cfm reading from a amp reading I was just saying that the blower motor was running on high speed. I hope that a trane xg50 which I was told is a 3 ton furance is blowing out 1200cfm. Waiting on Saturday to work on that system will update that night

I did not buy the system my buddy did and it was all she could afford. I was only help out a buddy who was help out his family. We all go out of our way to help out family and sometime friends which he is my friend. Call me a boy scout but I do like helping out people who need it. 50 dollars was nice to take out wife to dinner since she did not have me around Sunday.

first there is a 99% chance you have the wrong orfice in the coil. i have yet to find the correct size shipped with the coil. always put in the one that comes with the condenser. matched system or not the condenser orfice is the one you use. the coil is designed for sevarl differant condensers and this is why the orfice is so important. did you get the rest of the readings or did your friend find out what was wrong

For $50.00 measley dollars you helped this guy out.

I believe he stated more than once that he did this more as a favor to a friend than for the money but the friend did give him a fifty. Maybe they help each other out when needed.

I don't think this person spends his weekends side jobbing for 50 bucks a pop.

And he has been patient and kind even tho others have not been. I hope he gets the answers he needs and can benefit from this learning experience.

Well I help out my buddy. We try to pull the ref. into the condenser and the compressor just would not pull out all the charge had to reclaim half of the charge. We got a new condenser unit and now we have the good temps. The outside temp 84 house temp 80 and discharge temp 61 head pressure 250 it a little light but the suction is at 70 which we was shooting for. Check later on with my buddy and he said that the house temp was around 75 range.

Originally posted by mtumeo
    The outside temp 84 house temp 80 and discharge temp 61 head pressure 250 it a little light but the suction is at 70 which we was shooting for.

Go to the For Your Interest forum, and read about charging.
    Then you 'll see why shooting for 70 suction, isn't a good way to charge.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

When the other compressor was giving me 80-90 on suction the 70 reading was good. We did not charge the system it came with the exact charge in the compressor which I still wondering why it was light on the head pressure. The system seem to be working so my buddy will not need my help anymore. I will hang around here to see if I pick up amymore tips and not insults. I want to thanks tinknock selfemploy and beenthere for all their help.
    P.S. We did change the orfice to the one that came with the condenser also we pull a 29 inch vaccume measure with gauges for 2 1/2 hours just in case something did get in there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123