Post Likes

30 HXC oil change PLEASE HELP

I feel stupid for asking this question but I just got put on the spot. I have a customer who called at 6 pm and wants a price to change the oil in both compressors because his oil analysis showed border line moisture. Can the oil be changed without pulling the refrigerant charge? I don't think the chiller has the opti to discuss otheronal suction service valve. I tried to discuss other options but he wants the oil changed, period.

Can somebody please help me with any instructions? Surely you don't have to pull the charge. I have to prepare a quote tonight. PLEASE HELP!

Post Likes
    Why don't you just go with what the manual says?

Post Likes
    I think the manual just talks about adding oil or reclaiming it out of the evaporator, not removing the oil charge and putting in new. I don't have the manuals with me and just got home from working on another chiller. It's almost 9 pm. I didn't know if there was a way to isolate the oil circuit and remove all of the oil from a low point. I guess I can just use a reclaim tank and pull the vapor off and pump it back into the machine. I am not being lazy and not reading the manuals. I've been working many 12 to 16 hour days and hoping for some advice. I thought that helping people is what this site is about. I would appreciatwe any advice.