Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodman A/C Units

Have you guys had good luck with them and there warrantys

the equipment is only as good as the system design and install...you can have the best equipment in the world and it will be junk in 3 years if not installed right or used in the correct application..as far as their warrantys most any manufacturer out there is pretty good about taking care of issues

Never had a problem with a part warranty.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

You shouldn't have any problems with Goodman and theIr warranty, or most manufacturers for that matter.

Now I needed a motor from Carrier the other day, out of warranty, and they said it'll cost me a small fortune to overnight it or I'd have to wait 14 days.

I drove to a different supply house and picked it up there.

i have been installing GOODMAN for 12 years. yes, they have had some issues but nothing major. If you register the equipment within 60 days you get a 10 year parts warranty as opposed to five years. On 14 seer and up you get a lifetime warranty on the compressor if its registered.

Sell Amana as your "Premium" line, and back up with the Goodman line. IMO anyway.

No

Goodman warranties

Ive had several problems with goodman parts warranties here lately .... Seems as tho the problem is the supply house who seels it has to do the parts exchange because the other goodman suppliers didnt make any money off the orginal sale ....This can be a hassle if you want your system fixed asap ..... I dont understand the whole factory supplier vers a regular goodman supplier ..... You have to be carefull on a hvac repair as the part you think is covered may not be cause of the serial number game ......
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

I have had several evaporators leak. They are replacing them with alumimun coils which they claim will be ok. They admitted that their coils have been a problem. Also I have ecm I believe x13 blower motor under warranty and been waiting for a replacement for two weeks now and they still can't give me an answer as to when it will be in. This is the third motor like this that has failed out of 12 units. All of these units are less than 3 years old. I have not had as many issues with other brands.

ecm motors are not made by Goodman

I think these are made by ge but this is what these airhandlers have in them. If I don't get it soon I will be installing a psc.

not sure about warranty replacement troubles as i buy direct from goodman. If you go directly to the goodman distributor 99 times out of 100 they have the replacement part on hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast