Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just For Men

Just For Men

hair dye.

Anyone ever had to cover those grays? Experiences, outcomes? Catastrophic disasters or good results?

I have natural jet black hair but started growing grays at the age of 14. Now that I'm 34 the grays are everywhere, littered evenly throughout with some big patches and streaks.

Wondering if I should use the stuff or leave the grays and grow old gracefully.

Same story here.....
    Let the gray stay; customers believe you are more knowlegeable and distinguished.

Same as you guys. My family grays early. When I was 25 and didn't know anything, the gray made me look like I knew what I was doing. I'm 36 know, mostly gray. Looking older is still helpful at work. We have a 27 year old at work who looks like he is 17, we get calls once in a long while, old ladies asking if he is experienced enough.

Some day I'll try the dye, just to play around and shock some people. I'll need the beard stuff, too, since my beard is the whitest.
    Jason

Status symbol...never imagined living this long...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

I have 4 kids.... earned every one of my grey hair's (salt & pepper now, about 60/40 salt to pepper).

If I dye my hair it's gonna be Crimson Red and I'll do my eyebrows as well as my facial hair. I just don't want to be perceived as beeing that vain.

I'm with shaygetz, didn't think I'd ever be this old !
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

My daughter says she's having a bad hair day. I tell her, at least you're having a hair day.

Pretty much all grey now. Never seemed to bother me too much. Sis-in-Law made a big deal about mine till I pinched @2" of thigh fat on her and explained that old age affects us all differently.
    She didn't mention the grey hair a gain.

Haha, that is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    Status symbol...never imagined living this long...
    Being as sore as I am today is the way I know I lived this long. I'll keep my grey.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rickboggs View Post
    My daughter says she's having a bad hair day. I tell her, at least you're having a hair day.
    That's pretty funny. You too Stamas, priceless!

sis-"You're greying"

Stamas-"Now you listen here, fattie!!"

I keep my hair short so even if I do try this it should grow out quickly. Just not certain if I fall into the less than or more than 50% gray. On the box it states if less than 50% gray hair then to use one shade less than your natural color but their darkest brown didn't appear to be dark enough so I bought the "real black". On the box it looks natural on the model's hair.

Just trying to muster the courage now.

I'm lucky...53 and just now getting a little gray mixed in. My mother didn't get her first gray hair until she was in her 70's.

Anyway...I mentioned touching it up and my wife gave it a resounding NO! Seems some women like a little gray in their man's noggin. Maybe the sophistication thing...I dunno.

I take after my father. I'm 50 with a touch of grey on the sideburns, nothing else, unlike my sister & brother, who take after my mother. She started turning at 19 :P
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Been gray for years .......... at least I never had to worry about going bald My older brother dyes his hair. Last time I was talking to his oldest daughter, she was complaining about how bad his hair looks being dyed and not looking natural . She is right ............. it looks rediculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast