Reconnecting ductwork under the floor
    This morning I was pulling pens out of the A/C vent on one fo the upstairs bedrooms (thanks to my 18mo son!) and as I was reaching inside the vent I realised the duct was disconnected. Only about 75% of the duct lines up, and I can easily reach my fingers into the space outside the ductwork.

Is there a technique for a HVAC technician to reconnect and seal this without pulling up the floor? I'd probably just live with it if the floor has to be ripped up, as I haven't noticed any problems specific to that room before. There is no access from below because this is the second floor.

Not asking for DIY advice, just wondering if it's worth calling a tech, and it won't be worth it to me if the tech is just gonna tear up the floor. :-o

Now that I look closer... It turns out that the ductwork under the floor here is an 8" round duct that has been crushed down to a height of about 4" by running it between floor joists and nailing hte subfloor on top of it. Is this normal practice?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Yes ,for some,no for the rest of us ,we hope.

Flex duct?

No, not flex duct (at least it's not supposed to be!)

I sent the camera down the duct. Here is what it saw:

Look for the further adventures of the DuctCam in my other post about Duct Cleaning Woes...

that is oval duct, not great connection but not worth messing with.