Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile

My grandfather told me this. It used to be that everyone wanted to eat in the house and crap outside. Now everyone wants to crap in the house and eat outside. I still go count the stars. I guess that is a guy thing.

Only look at the stars when Im camping, with the lights of the city you can hardly see stars anymore .....not like when I was a kid.

I don't live in the city, but damn, dec, you're right. All these Mercury vapor and HPS lamps around the towns reflect up into the sky so bad that it's NOTICEABLE when I am FAR away from town.

Really sucks. I"m 5 miles outside of town and it still effects me. Worse in the winter, when all the ski areas light there slopes.

I miss darkness and total silence sometimes.

While I was out performing my ugly manuever of cleaning the truck, though, some coyotes were killing a deer about 200' from me. What a hell of a racket they made. I got 'em with a spotlight, but the pics didn't come out at all.

At least it's still kinda country here.

Frown Dave

I guess my time is coming too. I like to look up at the stars while I take a leak. That may be the feminine part of me, Naw, how many women yearns to take a leak outside? This is South Texas, no trees, you can see for miles.

That's why I love where I live. Backed up against a creek, across the creek is a land trust...won't be developed in my lifetime...no lights around, all the neighbors feel the same way. I can go out on the deck and see millions of stars.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I do most of our out-of-town work... and likely know every horse, cow and far dog within 100 mile radius. Some jobs keep me hopping when the stars come out... I sometimes just sit and look up at them. After hours calls are actually not that bad. Even in the -40 winters we have, if there is no wind... then there is time to see the stars... when it's THAT cold... the stars are four times brighter than when it's hot out. FACT.

I live in a fairly small city of 22,000 and maybe 25 traffic lights... so a motorcycle ride out to the country is like - three minutes away. Life is good when you take the time to look at the stars.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

I have seen satalites, the space shuttle and the halle-bopp comet. The best place to take a leak is in your own back yard.

Smile ricm

You are a lucky man. Sounds almost like Christmas. Roy

Originally posted by condenseddave

I'm sure ya can get back into Leavenworth if you really try.

I like stars too, pretty nice view from my patio, on a cold clear night especially. My wife will come out and look up and say, oh that's nice, then go back in and watch TV.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: Dave

Originally posted by oroy54
    I like to look up at the stars while I take a leak. That may be the feminine part of me
    I just had this scary vision of you squatting to pee.

How come at urinals they don't sell advertising just above it??

[/B][/QUOTE]
    I like stars too, pretty nice view from my patio, on a cold clear night especially. My wife will come out and look up and say, oh that's nice, then go back in and watch TV. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it was kinda like that for me too, last sweety I was with... I'd come in from watching the stars on a cold clear night... she was in watching TV... and I came in sporting a four inch raging one.... she said the same thing, "Oh, that's nice, then went back to watching TV....

Well, maybe she said something more like.... "Awww, it's soooo cute!" THEN she went back to watching TV.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by condenseddave

I'm sure ya can get back into Leavenworth if you really try.

I like stars too, pretty nice view from my patio, on a cold clear night especially. My wife will come out and look up and say, oh that's nice, then go back in and watch TV.
    For the fiftieth time, it was Grateford. And they've asked that I never darken their door again. Sorta like Allegheny county......

It's quite a concern, all the uplight from the earth these days. There is a Dark Sky movement that lobbies against this now.

There are a lot of rules in effect in various areas concerning how much if any uplight is allowed.

This place gets lit up more and more each day, but still lots of stars when looking up in my backyard.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast