Need some help here guy's. I strickly work in ultra low temp;However went to help out a buddy with an installation of a BRYANT AIR CONDITIONER not a heat pump.He has an oil furnace only, so this is an add on.My question is ... Do i have to install a 24 volt transformer for the new fossil fuel circuit? I only received a small add-on circuit board with the new thermostat.
    The air conditioning unit outside does not have one, and I am not sure if i require a 24volt ac or dc transformer.I realize that the funace has it's own and is a seperate circuit so i won't mess with that.
    i appreciate any help...

New fossil fuel circut..... not sure what you are saying there ... more curious if the oil furnace was a/c compatable ( must be pretty old not to be) but I think I will just let this one go... think that should be pretty well spelled out in the instruction manuel.

OK.... Had a brain fart day, I just neded to know if it was a 24ac or dc transformer that was required.I appreciate the one response out of at least 100 views.I should have worded the problem a bit better.Figured out the answer myself.Once again thank you "DEC" for the effort
    it goes a long way........

you need a 24v a/c xformer for the air cond. if the furnace is older like 80s or older you may need a fan center or fan relay to bring on the blower in a/c mode.