Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head over heals

My middle son (now in the Marines) broke the same leg three times and his arm once and a lot of other mishaps have befallen him. I have three other kids and combined they didn't have as many things happen to them. He may be going someplace bad soon, sure hope he has grown out of getting hurt.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Originally posted by vmc1161
    My middle son (now in the Marines) broke the same leg three times and his arm once and a lot of other mishaps have befallen him. I have three other kids and combined they didn't have as many things happen to them. He may be going someplace bad soon, sure hope he has grown out of getting hurt.
    Well at least you know that his guardian angel in not in-experienced.

The neighborhood kids got together and made a makeshift "Evil Kinevil" ramp in the parking lot of the Volunteer Rescue Squad's parking lot. The Squad's property bourders ours.

Some kids came running into our house."Richy got hurt" I go running out he is laying on the ground. Bicycle all bent up when the ramp failed. He's crying and can't move. 2 volunteers just happen to be in the Squad house. They came runing over. They said,"Quick run into the house and call 911 so we can treat your son." I ran for the phone they ran for the ambulance.

We both got back to the scene at the same time. About 30 seconds went by and the tone when over their radios. "We have a bicycle accident in the parking lot of the Bennington Rescue Squad." Blink-- he was on a body board on in the ambulance. Had to call first, however. Bottom line, broken collar bone.

Back to my two apple heads when they were about 2 and a half, youngest just turned one. I hear them playing in their room with the oldest's hand held controlled dinosaur, It had about a six foot cord on it... The oldest boy walked the dinosaur around his little brother sitting on the floor. Round and round to both their amusements. But they didn't realize that the cord was wrapping around the little one's neck. when the oldest thought the youngest was 'taking his dinosaur'... started yanking on the cord.

After a few minutes of hearing the squabble... I go in to check on him.... only to find an angry 2 year old trying to strangle his brother.... About the the time when he was nearly passed out!

Rapid intervention of a parent is a numbing thing.... I had the youngest breathing, the oldest spanked, and the dinosaur destroyed before I even had a chance to inhale.

Thankfully, its the worst it ever gotten... now they are young adults........................ with liscences............ and legal in bars.............

Ohh..... *groan*
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12