Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I bought to put around my neck. I put it in the frig then went on an attic job today. Worked great!

i want one of those. where do they sell them. a friend had one awhile back and i remember it stayed cool for hours.

your scaring me!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

You can find them at your local Evil W. (Also known as Wal-Mart)

Smile coolwhip

Got my attention too! I thought he was talking about the Wet Spot. I had to sleep in that place in my 30's, come to think of it I had to sleep in that when I was in my 20's when the babies peed the bed. I'm ok now that I am 50.

A lot of the welding supply houses have them.

Guess Im going to have to look into those ...not that I have a clue what they are ? What department at Wally world do you look in?

Wink

I have the ones that have some kind of gell in it. Let it set in a sink full of water for a while. It will swell, unlike other things.

Re: coolwhip

Originally posted by oroy54
    Got my attention too! I thought he was talking about the Wet Spot. I had to sleep in that place in my 30's, come to think of it I had to sleep in that when I was in my 20's when the babies peed the bed. I'm ok now that I am 50.
    Can't make 'em anymore???

Be very very carefull using one of those!

The reason products like that work is because the part of your brain that regulates your body temperature is in the back of your head, near the base of your skull. They basicly fool your bodys thermostat into thinking you are cooler than you really are.

People have died from using products like that because thier body slowed down the proccesses that help us get rid of heat, like sweating and increased blood flow to the skin.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Thumbs up Very interesting Mark

Never thought of it that way. But I'll use mine tomorrow, working on a form for a concrete drive way. Roy

Originally posted by mark beiser
    Be very very carefull using one of those!

The reason products like that work is because the part of your brain that regulates your body temperature is in the back of your head, near the base of your skull. They basicly fool your bodys thermostat into thinking you are cooler than you really are.

People have died from using products like that because thier body slowed down the proccesses that help us get rid of heat, like sweating and increased blood flow to the skin.
    Good advice. I was thinking that it cooled the blood that ran through my neck, then cooling the rest of my body. I could tell that it was still hot in the attic. I could feel the heat on my back. And I was drenched when I got out.

Originally posted by dec
    Guess Im going to have to look into those ...not that I have a clue what they are ? What department at Wally world do you look in?
    Sporting goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast