+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More crapm on Ebay

Post Likes
    I found this and just had to post it here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=66998

A combination R-22 and R-134a manifold gauge set??? Haven't these people ever heard of a thing called cross-contamination??

Post Likes
    funny. If they are suggesting it for CAR 134a systems good luck. Them hoses generally have different style threads. I've had to make adapter hoses just to connect my standard vacuum pump to my auto 134a gauges when nessessary.

Other than that, could be no different than the CPS gauges made for R22, R404, R410 whether people use the same set for both refers, is up to them and their opinions.

Many people could do what I do and have two sets. One strictly for R410, the other for R22 and the other stuff. I just like having the 250 PSI suction gauge over the pussy 120PSI gauge. And I've compared and seem to be just as accurate as a 120PSI gauge.

Post Likes
    Just dont slap them on a R134 system after you had them on a R22 or vice versa until you blow them out with nitro. I personally have a set labeled "R134 ONLY" because I have forgotten to blow them out.

Post Likes
    Blowing the hoses out with nitrogen doesn't do a lot to remove the mineral oil from R22 or POE oil from R134a/R410a. The refrigerant gas should be blown out when you purge your hoses. But the oil clings to the hoses and doesn't get purged.

Post Likes

Hmm

R-134a guages for automotive are acme thread while the R-134a for other applicatoins is 1/4 flare as I found out the hard way
    Da Threadkilla

Post Likes

ALS SCREW R22 BY MCQUAY USES POE OIL ON LIQUID INJECTION CEK KIT ONLY.
    POE CAN BE USED WITH R22 BUT ITS NOT PREFERRED BECAUSE IT BONDS LIKE SHEET.

YOUR GAUGES WILL STILL HOLD A TINY-TINY BIT OF OIL BUT NOT ENOUGH TO CAUSE ANY SERIOUS DAMAGE. ANNUAL OIL ANALYSIS ON YOUR SYSTEM WILL SHOW THIS.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in