Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ghetto rooftops! - A trip back dowm memory lane!

Doing a side job I was blessed with this "Ghetto Rooftop".

I may have just missed the Run Cap Bandit as well!

I was here to replace a dual shaft condenser fan motor in an antique York straight cool condener.

I couldn't help but to notice all the old JUNK PARTS left nehind by the other repairmen.

I found SIX old compressors left up here. You can see two in this photo.

And this typical Arizona Goodman installer simply pushed aside the old York condenser to install his new fancy Goodman.

Now for the REAL fun.
    Take a gander at the video series for this job. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLHqVQb3G0o
    The first video (in HD) was taken a few weeks ago when I went to look at the unit.
    The next video is form today when we went back to install the motor and my friend and I "air mailed" down those six compressors and that condenser. We will scrap those suckers next weekend.
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Hey Payson.... Why are you always getting down on the Goodman Equipment? Goodman makes great stuff and I have installed alot of it here in Vegas!
    I don't care who you use as long as there not complete Muppets!

Quote Originally Posted by cotechinvegas View Post
    Hey Payson.... Why are you always getting down on the Goodman Equipment? Goodman makes great stuff and I have installed alot of it here in Vegas!
    HA HA! My bro in law always get into it, he loves Goodman.

But they SUCKED and made the wrost shat on the market for over 10 years straight.

Now they are just "ok" but to some people they must seem like gold now. :-p

Around here, it's always the low bidder/hacker who installs them. As you can see.

That's probably because the goodman distributors ALWAYS sold to anyone who walked into the door.

One time, a distributor sold the equipment directly to a home owner that my friend was doing a side job on!
    No kidding. The home owner stopped by the distributor (only HVAC place in Payson) and for reasons unknown, tried to buy the equipment and they sold it to him!

Basically, the distributor cost my friend his mark up.

And my Christian friend installed it anyway, upset as he was, only making some labor to install it.
    True Heavy Metal Geek

And. For almost 10 years, Goodman had a 50% + failure rate on cap tubes rubbing, stack relays sticking open, etc in track homes. It was so bad the neighbors would hear about the failures and be mad when it happened to them.

Was a tough time when I worked in goodman country.

The photos are probably not hosted anymore, but if you search several years back, you'll see I had a daily log on the Goodman junk. It was ridiculous. I'd fix the same things day in and day out in the same neighborhoods.

Back then they didn't hold a candle to any other brand. They were noisy garbage.

Now. They are just "ok".
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Isn't Goodman a advertiser on this site ?
    Just saying

I wonder if those condensors with the receivers and suction accumulators are actually cooling a walk- in or a big deli case in a mexican meat market down below. I've seen it done before!!

Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    I wonder if those condensors with the receivers and suction accumulators are actually cooling a walk- in or a big deli case in a mexican meat market down below. I've seen it done before!!

I have seen them on ice machines ....
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Talking

[QUOTE=PaysonHVAC;10009792]HA HA! My bro in law always get into it, he loves Goodman.

But they SUCKED and made the wrost shat on the market for over 10 years straight.

Now they are just "ok" but to some people they must seem like gold now. :-p****

Hate to break the bad news to you Payson But goodman/Amana Is listed as one of the best HVAC units on the market and as far as the other problems with it...... I've seen Trane and Carrier with similar problems with those units and according to you and other people they're "Top of the Line". every manufacture has issues but a lot of the time it's who installs the unit and how it's installed not always the equipment. So don't hack on equipment cuz you don't like it hack on the Idiots that installed it badly!!
    I don't care who you use as long as there not complete Muppets!

The key word was he was doing a side job, I would fire him for that, and he would be dong side jobs, full time. He is robbing his full time employer by doing this. his employer was be blind. Stevie Wonder possibly?

Gooman

I just had a battle with a gsh-13 hp from he$$ ..... The rv caused the compressor to fail & I was told ......Only 4 % of the rv are a problem so were NOT paying any labor ? How many home owners got screwed at 4 percent ?
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    I have seen them on ice machines ....
    Wow, A residential style condensor on a ice machine? Must be a flaker or they use the RV for harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Wow, A residential style condensor on a ice machine? Must be a flaker or they use the RV for harvest.
    This is on the drive up 2 buck a bag ice thingies.
    They are all over the place.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

What's wrong with that? We've used lots of "resi" condensing units over the years, modified for a commercial refrigeration application.

But then again, we'll always have work, while the "plug and play" parts changers will sit around moaning about how they have no work....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast