Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maytag air conditioner warranty????

Post Likes
    Maytag has a 10 year warranty on parts and labor on their M1010 series. They also have a 5 year dependability promise that if the compressor fails within 5 years they will put in a brand new unit with matching indoor coil.

Is this worth looking into...Is there any small print that I am missing...Are they that good of a air conditioner

It sounds to me that for 10 years I don't have to worry about my air conditioner failing and if it does within those 10 years parts and labor is covered....right

For a little less money I can buy a trane with 10 years on compressor and outdoor coil and 5 years on indoor coil also two years on labor and 5 on parts

Whats your opinion Thanks Brad

Post Likes
    I was installing Maytag units and the M1010 series is actually pretty good. It is definitely expensive and I personally wouldn't install one in my own home. They look nice. I had a compressor go out on one and they didn't keep their promise on the compressor. We just replaced the compressor after about 2 months of install. Just so you know Maytag is really just another Nordyne product with a pretty shell.

Post Likes
    You might also want to check out this thread http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=80885
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Robo,
    Will that link work for everyone ,since it's in another section?

Post Likes
    Nope that link doesn't work.

Post Likes

Angry

I can't get it either

Post Likes
    Maytag/Amana will likely be "purchased" within the next year. Will it be LG of China, or Whirlpool (who just put in a nice bid), or will someone else even come forward.

Hard to say what this may do to "extended" warranties.

Post Likes
    Sounds like you guys are saying stay away from maytag.

any comments on the trane xr 12 air conditioner unit (2TTR2030A) And the coil (TXAO31)

Post Likes
    There are stipulations I am sure. Ruud has a similar warranty on the UASL system. However, it requires that the system be matched per the spec sheets. A registration of the system by the owner, including all model and serial numbers be included, and that it be installed per the installation instructions.

Post Likes
    Sorry about the link issue, I forgot. This is the post I was linking to:
    a\c don
    Professional Member

My employer started dealing maytag earlier this year and what a mess.

We're located in east central Florida.

The problem I have been seeing is the latent capabilities of this brand suck.

14 seer systems with a fixed orfice in a very humid climate, give me a break.

Installed a condenser only on an amana ahu with a txv and it worked great.

Wake up Nordyne.

Just had to vent, Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyone else having similar problems with this product?
    By the way, LG is a Korean company.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gcastillo
    I was installing Maytag units and the M1010 series is actually pretty good. It is definitely expensive and I personally wouldn't install one in my own home. They look nice. I had a compressor go out on one and they didn't keep their promise on the compressor. We just replaced the compressor after about 2 months of install. Just so you know Maytag is really just another Nordyne product with a pretty shell.
    I've been installing Westinghouse for 2 plus years now.No problems except faulty service valve on a heat pump which was covered by Nordyne.My question is what reason did Nordyne give for not honoring the "quality pledge"?

Post Likes
    The Maytag corporation just licenses its name to Nordyne for heating and cooling products. The products are manufactured and warranteed by Nordyne. The pending sale of Maytag should not have an effect on any long-term warrantees of Maytag heating or cooling products.

Amana heating and cooling is owned by Goodman and has no relation to Amana appliances which is owned by Maytag.

Post Likes
    Been putting Maytag in since it came on the market. There is nothing wrong with this product that other products do not have. We have never had a problem with there warranty department paying up. My guess would be that the paperwork was not filled out right as it would need to be with any brand.

The units that we have put in are very quiet and hold up very well. Very low warranty rate. 10/10 units have sound blankets on compressors and are well built.

Ask a question like this and whatever unit always seems to get slammed.

Good luck with whatever system you put in and remember that the installation is the key. As said above these companies are always selling but it will not change the unit.
    Its a good Life!

Post Likes
    <By the way, LG is a Korean company.>

That sounds about right.........but it's easy to forget, since every failed part I've taken out of an LG appliance says "Made in China" LOL.

<The Maytag corporation just licenses its name to Nordyne for heating and cooling products. The products are manufactured and warranteed by Nordyne.>

<Been putting Maytag in since it came on the market. There is nothing wrong with this product that other products do not have. We have never had a problem with there warranty department paying up.>

Just curious, so when a dealer sells and installs a Maytag central AC, who does that same dealer submit a possible warranty claim directly to? Nordyne?, Maytag?

Post Likes
    The claim actually ends up with equiguard. They are one of the largest warranty insurance companies for HVAC. All warranty claims are done online at the Maytag HVAC sight. All equipment is registered by the dealer online after install. We don't have to deal with the wholesale house to get anything done, except replacement parts. Its been my experience that its usually the wholesale house and not the manufacturer that drops the ball on warranty problems.
    Its a good Life!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    So the Maytag Warranty is really and Equiguard Extended Warranty?

Post Likes
    warranties on nordyne products go directly through nordyne. they even have their own in house extended warranty. http://www.nordyne.com you won't find maytag products on nordyne's site. maytag is only available through maytag dealers.

Post Likes
    The Chinese company interested in buying Maytag is Haier not LG.
    I agree that the license agreement between Nordyne and Maytag would probably not change under any buyout. Again, The Maytag Corporation does not manufacture any AC equipment, Nordyne uses the Maytag name and lots of others.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by asi
    The Chinese company interested in buying Maytag is Haier not LG.
    I agree that the license agreement between Nordyne and Maytag would probably not change under any buyout. Again, The Maytag Corporation does not manufacture any AC equipment, Nordyne uses the Maytag name and lots of others.
    Actually Whirlpool is the front runner on buying Maytag at the moment.They are actually going over Maytags books.Just left lunch with my rep and she also isn't worried about any changes.Apparently Nordyne has a 30 year agreement to use the name.

Post Likes
    <The Chinese company interested in buying Maytag is Haier not LG.>

Interesting. I've serviced 4 Haier beer chillers (keg-erators) within the past month...........every single one has had a big, fat LG sticker on the compressor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in