Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Hot Hot

my weatherbug tells me that it has jumped 3 degrees from the time i got on computer at 9 this morning with it being 87 right now here in illinois...supposed to be a scorcher today.

Originally posted by gruntly
    Heat Good, Cold Bad.

I like the heat...and yes most of my work is outside. Been over 90F almost everyday for a month now.

6 months from now it'll be nearing -40F

Heat Good, Cold Bad.
    A-flippin' men!!! But I'm a fair piece WEST of you Gruntly... we've had only one day where the Temp has been over 75 deg. here. It's been overcast and rainy most of the spring and summer so far. I'd gladly simmer in 100 deg. days for a few weeks. Because that -40 weather with a -55 or -60 windchill makes me dream of the woes our American Brothers have with the heat.

Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Only 102°

It is cool here today (93°f) but it rained last night and the humidity is above 60% now at 4 PM. (was higher) Yesterday was only 109°f.

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

try not to sweat you might get fired

I had a FEVER of 102 once.... it was wintertime here in Canada.... Ahhhhhhh.... bliss.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

We get both, real hot and but a$$ cold.

I generally do okay after the first few hard days in each. Then you atleast get a little used to it. I much prefer heat over cold. I can deal with 120 on the roof. I can drink water, I can concentrate, and there is always that little reward at the end of a long hot day. Go down in that AC you just fixed and take a breath.

I hate the cold. There aint no way to run from it, it seems at times. It just drags you down mentally. I have no clue why I am still in the North, when I despise the winter so much. Each year comes and passes. I think about that just a little bit mores seriously as each season endures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12